“Truly excellent massage”
Review of Koan Float

Koan Float
More attraction details
Owner description: Floating & Massage Centre Koan Float welcomes you seven days a week from 09.30 to 23.00 in the heart of Amsterdam.Floating is a unique form of relaxation. Imagine lying on a cushion of silken saline water, kept at a comfortingly constant temperature of 35.5 degrees Celsius. As your body floats, you will notice after a few short minutes, that your predominant feeling is weightlessness, thus liberating your body from its daily battle with gravity. As the natural water therapy begins to work, your muscles and organs instinctively begin to relax as your breathing and your heart beat gradually slow down. You experience an intense relaxation and sense of wellbeing as your mind and body escape the hectic pace of the modern world.There are a number of factors at work in this therapeutic process - the relaxed nature of the float room, the comforting warmth and the feeling of being carried by the water. In addition, floating triggers the production of endorphins, which generate a profound feeling of well-being. These factors combine to help your body to wind down and de-stress, as you let go of the challenges of modern daily life. Afterwards, you will feel completely rejuvenated.As well as reducing stress levels and the effects of jetlag, a session at Koan Float can help relieve complaints such as rheumatic pains. It can also help reduce blood pressure and it is known to strengthen the immune system.Each float room is entirely private, comes with its own float tank, its own shower unit and a water filtration system guaranteeing purified water for each guest. The soundproof floatation capsule is equipped with light, music and intercom system.Koan Float also offers a complete range of massages, from relaxation massage and shiatsu to foot reflexology and rebalancing. Treat yourself!
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Truly excellent massage”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My partner was in desperate need of a real deep massage and found Koan Float on Trip Advisor. The reviews were very good, but I was still a bit skeptical about finding a proper massage in midst of tourist attractions in the centre of a city. We had tried out Chinese massage which is widely available and unfortunately came out of it in more discomfort than when we went in.
We called by a couple of hours in advance to confirm the booking which we we'd made by phone and I was so impressed with the ambiance and staff that I booked a massage too! We had been on our feet all day and it was lovely to be able to have a shower before stretching out for the massage.
I'd like to thank Margit who worked on me for an absolutely fantastic massage! I was very sore down one side and she was able to isolate the problem quickly and free up the tension. It really helped. Chris who worked on my partner also did an excellent job with a deep tissue massage. After all my skepticism I was very impressed! I would highly recommend Koan Float, to the point where I would consider booking another city break just to get another massage and perhaps try the floating too.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Collie2013

CH
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unmissable”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I've been here twice and plan to go every time I'm in Amsterdam. If you've never been in a floating isolation tank, aren't claustrophobic, and are comfortable being in your own head for an hour, it's something you MUST do at least once in your life. Koan Float's tanks in Amsterdam are some of the best. Where I'm from in Geneva, the only floating experiences are "floating pools", which don't offer the same feeling of isolation.

After 30 minutes in Koan Float's tanks (if you turned off the music and lights), the ambient temperature begins to match the water temperature and you get the rare feeling of no physical input whatsoever. Your muscles are completely relaxed, which they never are in normal life, as even when lying down we try to find the best position to fight gravity. After an hour in a tank, you'll feel like an astronaut who has to learn to use his muscles again.

I didn't get a massage, but a friend did and she said it was one of the best she's had. I don't like massages, but those that do should definitely do both consecutively. I can't think of a more relaxing experience.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Russkov
Los Angeles
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Been in the Womb again...and Beyond”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I found an article about this place in a very funky magazine so I was expecting it to be edgy and kind of wear but for my surprise is a real and beautiful Spa. The Koan Float is just something amazing. Like nothing you have try before. I got to experience deep relaxation and also gain a lot of insight relating of having been in my mothers womb. Seriously!.
I also got a massage afterwords and it was truly fantastic.
I totally recommended if you want to experience something else while being in Amsterdam and definitely if you are sore and need to go back to feeling great to continue your travels. Enjoy!!!!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank sata_lite
Tamworth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A life saver”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I arrived in Amsterdam on a River cruise with chronic back pain. Our hotel, The Convent, recommended this business for a massage. From the moment I walked in the door we were treated like royalty. The receptionist was very welcoming and also spoke to my husband while I was receiving my massage. When Chris entered the waiting room I knew I was in safe hands. I could hardly walk when I walked in but was able to at the completion. Chris was very professional but also very friendly and caring. I was comfortable throughout the whole experience. My only negative is that it is a bit far from Australia to go for a repeat visit and I envy all the people who are able to avail themselves of this man and the establishment. Would have loved to have a float experience but was not well enough. Also, although we didn't have it there was lovely tea available for clients.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lynnyjc
Nanterre
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“my best massage, ever”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

this address was recommended by the hotel we booked, within walking distance along Herengracht canal. We did not try the floating experience, me and my wife went for a classical 1 hour massage. shower is proposed at the arrival, good point when you've been walking all day long through Amsterdam. I've been trying a few massages in my life, I have to say without any flattering that this is my best ever. I strongly recommend this adress, service is very kind, location is ideal in central amsterdam and above all massage is top level.

Visited July 2013