“Cheese!”
Review of De Kaaskamer

De Kaaskamer
Ranked #15 of 355 Shopping in Amsterdam
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent place for local cheese and sandwiches to go.
Everyday there is the sandwich of the day, but you can order your choice.
You can also buy some beer and wine, but just some option.
The cheeses are fantastic including the traditional Dutch ones and also soft types.
Today we got a brie, a soft gorgonzola and a big ball of fresh buffala muzzarela.

1  Thank Andre D
in 7 reviews
"hundreds"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Great place to buy local cheese from. Very large selection, very good quality products and prices for every pocket. The staff was really helpful allowing us to taste every cheese we bought :), they also gave us great recommendations. I'll definitely come back here next time I am in Amsterdam!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

As someone obsessed with cheese, I can honestly say I went into every cheese shop I came across in Amsterdam and this was easily the best. No, the cheese isn't FREE, but it isn't crazy expensive either. Worthwhile cheeses at worthwhile prices. If you want more than just "gouda," stop in.

1  Thank Brett_Ashley-RPCVs
Reviewed 5 March 2018

You have many cheese shops in Amsterdam - this is one of the best. They have an unaccountable number of cheeses to sell and very nice and welcoming atmosphere. If you want to bring good cheese back home - you should go there.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I love cheese, so have the chance to be shown around in the Dutch world of cheeses by a local nerd was something I looked forward to. But considering the money spend, I would expect a higher level of service. The salesman's irritation when I was not buying what I tasted and eagerness to get it overwith did end up pretty frustrating after having spent 70 € on four cheeses of a kilo in total. I would go to a cheeseshop further from the center - it probably has just as nice a selection, but with better service and lower prices. Lesson learned.

1  Thank Jacob M Ø