“Amazing Non Tourist Steakhouse!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carlitos Gardel

Carlitos Gardel
Reserve with
Carlitos Gardel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,530 of 3,750 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
“Amazing Non Tourist Steakhouse!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Chose this because it was the top steakhouse on tripadvisor, and because it wasn't one of the numerous chain steak houses. 10 minutes off the tourist track and couldn't have been happier. True top quality steak, fantastic sides and amazing service, would recommend to anyone and would go out of my way to go back!

Visited February 2014

• Greek first
Preston, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Lovely restaurant just off museum square. Being the middle of January we were the only table in the restaurant (which normally is a bit daunting) but we were made to feel really welcome and the service was great from start to finish.

We ordered the empanadas to start which were delicious- being the daughter of an Argentine and having lived in Argentina for a few years I was really curious to try them here. I have never come across the choclo empanadas but was pleasantly surprised. We both ordered rib eye steaks which were to die for and cooked to perfection. I ordered mine with rice and my boyfriend with chips, which were also accompanied by a lovely little side salad. We had a bottle of the Chilean Sauvignon Blanc which was also just right. No room for any desserts but our meal was really great and at a reasonable price.

Would definitely recommend you try this little restaurant! The only thing that would have made it even better was if the music had been more authentic, perhaps Tango!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Andrea S
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I recently visited from England and was after a good steakhouse in Amsterdam for my girlfriends birthday. I happened to come across Carlitos Gardel and I was not disappointed. We went in a group of 4 and everybody had a different main each persons steak melted in your mouth and was cooked to perfection. The food was so tasty and the service was very good, everyone was so friendly and made us feel so welcome.

If you like steak give this place a try you will not be disappointed! Worth the visit.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding beef beautifully cooked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

A super evening, the service was just right and we were left to ourselves, but when we wanted service it was prompt efficient and friendly. The steak was melt in the mouth! This is a hidden gem of a place, I hope you find it as we did

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Alan R
Ontario, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Excellent service, Excellent food. Being a very fussy eater, I like my steak "more than well done". They did a wonderful job and I did not have to send it back as I usually do. Recommended, whichever way you like your steak done.

Visited April 2013