“A nice meal”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed walking distance from Boom and the Oosterpark and gave it a try on a rainy night when we wanted to stay in the neighborhood. The service from Bas was friendly and excellent, the salad and grilled steak was very good, the ravioli with pumpkin, sage and pesto was excellent.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Don't walk past this lovely place, lovely food, service, atmosphere and music. Lucky to be staying so near on our first visit to Amsterdam.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The restaurant no longer looks like it does in the above picture. It is a light, airy and fresh. My partner and I ate here on our last night In Amsterdam, if we had eaten there sooner, we would have eaten there every night. He had mussels, the dish of the day, the bowl they came in was huge, he couldn't eat them all, the sauce they came in was Devine! I had a steak, fairly boring, but they most tender, juiciest, perfectly cooked steak I have eaten. Service was good, waitress was very welcoming and was happy to translate the menu, that only comes in French or Dutch.

Toilet could have been cleaner....but that is the only negative thing I could say. Compliments to the chef!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Why do I try anywhere in Amsterdam Oost other than Boom? The food is great (try the seafood platter!), service is good, and the atmosphere warm. I have been here many times and will be returning many times again. I have never had a bad meal here (which is more than I can say for many restaurants in Amsterdam) and every guest I have brought here has been very pleased. Firmly on my list of favourites.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I can't quite believe that I'm talking about the same restaurant as the previous reviewer, as my experience was so very different. I thought this cozy little place was delightful and a little hidden gem. My friend who lives in the neighborhood brought me here and we sat for hours with lovely food coming at a leisurely pace. Delightful staff. I found the atmosphere very warm and relaxing. Not a pretentious place, but with a creative (not TOO creative) menu, carefully prepared. I'd go back in a heartbeat.