Hotel V Nesplein
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ajax(Amsterdam)
1,058 results
All reviewslobby restaurantdam squarea la carte breakfastdouble showerboutique hotelperfect locationquiet side streetrain showercool hotelroom was largecomfortable bedexcellent hotelsuperior roomnespresso machinefirst floorloved this hotelthe red light district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at the Hotel V Nesplein for 3 nights in March 2014 with my partner. We had an extremely enjoyable stay, after a slight initial hiccup. At the time of booking we had asked for a quiet room on a high floor. Arriving late on the Thursday night we were given room 114 on the first floor overlooking the small square with a bar in the corner, which due to the unseasonably warm weather had many people drinking and talking outside. By 12.30am it had got louder and louder and showed no sign of coming to an end. Apparently the bar had been privately booked for a party until 2am, which would not normally have been the case.

We asked the hotel staff if we could change to a different, quieter room, as we had requested, but as they were fully booked they couldn't move us that night. The manager straight away offered us a free dinner in the restaurant the following evening and assured us that we would be able to move to a quiet 3rd floor room the following morning. He also said he would ask the owners of the bar if the noisier people could move inside. He must have been very persuasive as things did quieten down soon after! The next morning, the daytime staff had all been fully briefed and our new room was ready to move straight into.

I have to say I was very impressed by the way that the hotel staff handled the situation - they were very on the ball. A masterclass in how to treat customers! Far from being annoyed at the complaint, they could not have been friendlier for the rest of our stay. The hotel is clean and contemporary with very comfortable beds. The restaurant is also excellent, with delicious, reasonably priced food. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the square are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Only a one night business stopover unfortunately and booked by others - slight trepidation when we had some difficulty finding the Hotel (our fault) and it is very unassuming as you approach the hotel - however it is absolutely spot on. Really quirky place - great sized rooms with a great quality and sized bath unusual for a city centre hotel these days - separate huge shower very tastefully put together. The staff are first class had a long chat with the young Sommelier and fully committed to his stuff.
I could not find fault with this very modern stylish hotel - great effort - my disappointment is that we had a dinner reservation elsewhere as the restaurant looks fantastic also. I will definitely use this Hotel in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotel is gorgeous and well run. I stayed for four nights in March. The staff Kellent, Jelta, Roger, Tara, Wendy...all the best. The rooms are so comfortable and well appointed. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just back from a week-end trip to Amsterdam and so pleased I chose the V Nesplein this time.
It's a very unusual hotel, quirky and stylish. Rooms are decorated in a minimalist, modern style. The beds are super comfy, just what's needed after a day's sightseeing. The staff are superb, cheerful, friendly and so helpful.
Breakfast was perfect to start the day, delicious bread and croissants with jam and the most heavenly pancakes.
The hotel is in a super position just off Dam and within walking distance of all major sights and just about 15 minutes from Central Station, so no taxi fares needed.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I and my wife stayed in Hotel V Nesplein for 3 nights in March 2014, it was a wonderful experience. Let me start from the beginning. We mainly picked up this hotel because of the positive reviews in tripadvisor.com and its location. The hotel is indeed a few steps away from the Dom square, which can be described as the center of the city. Many must-see sights and attractions in Amsterdam are in walking distance to the hotel but you may also take tram from the Dom square to visit other places. One word to describe this hotel is “stylish”; both the lobby and interiors are very well decorated. The front desk staff is very helpful, friendly and gentle. Our room was comfort type on the third floor (top floor). The room was very clean and it was decorated in minimalist style. Unlike other hotels, in the room there is 1 lt. of free drinking water served daily. There's also equipment which you may use for making tea or coffee. Wi-fi is free and fast all around the hotel. One day we left the do not disturb card out of the door by mistake while leaving the room and when we came back we found a bag containing the daily drinking water, clean towels and tissues left by the door by the housekeeping; it was a tactful practice that I never experienced before :) I strongly recommend the guests to pre-order the breakfast while booking, it is only €10 per person (pre-ordering) and it is extremely delicious. The restaurant of the hotel is called “the lobby” and it is also a very popular place to eat in the city. To sum up, we adored this stylish boutique hotel and we will definitely come back to stay here again when we visit Amsterdam. Recommending everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple