“Very nice hotel in an even nicer location”
Review of Hotel V Nesplein

Hotel V Nesplein
Ranked #18 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing hotel located centrally very close to all attractions. We walked to most places and also public transport is located really close. An amazing modern/alternative boutique hotel with excellent and very friendly staff. Don't miss the restaurant which is very popular among the locals and the tourists alike. No problems with size of room, shower, lighting etc etc....

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank vishalindore
Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband I just spent the weekend in Amsterdam at the V Nesplein and I was very impressed with the service and our comfortable and spacious room. The hotel has style and flare while being relaxed and comfortable. We enjoyed a nightcap at the hotel's restaurant both nights and the staff was very friendly and accommodating as we arrived the first night as they were closing but thy welcomed us anyhow. We had dinner there the 2nd night and the food was very good. Definitely a trendy restaurant that is frequented by those who live in Amsterdam which is a nice change from all the touristy spots. The breakfast was also quite good. Had the Eggs Benedict both mornings. I really liked the tea light candle holders with the Amsterdam canal houses motif and was so happy to find out that they sell them at the hotel reception. Would definitely stay again. Great new hotel and for those who like Restoration Hardware, you'll love it!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were in Amsterdam July 2014 and had a great stay at the Hotel V Nesplain. The hotel has a hipster-chic design with a fantastic restaurant on in the lobby.

Upon arrival I was initially concerned that the restaurant/bar would make the hotel a loud and busy place at night - but that was not our experience at all and I didn't hear any guests complaining. We were on the top floor in the back and everything was peaceful and quiet.

The hotel appears to be in a somewhat strange location, down a small narrow street away from from the main square, but the street suddenly opens up into a nice courtyard area as you approach the property. If you are interested in staying in the old part of Amsterdam, then this location is excellent. It is a short, easy 5-10min walk from the main train station where most tourists will be entering the city.

Our room was very large and well equipped for the most part. My wife enjoyed the giant double shower. My only complaint would be the lack of a small fridge which would have been useful.

Free in-room WIFI was provided which I am always happy to see. For the most part it worked fine, there were a few dead spots in our room where a connection was hard to make but certainly not a big problem.

Our room lacked a bathtub, which after the long walks through the city would have been a welcome relief, I believe other rooms had tubs though so if this is a deal breaker, just ask.

I also noticed that there is no AC unit in the room. The temperature while we were in Amsterdam was very comfortable and cool at night so this wasn't an issue at all. I don't know if it ever gets hot and humid enough to be a problem, but I did ask for a fan and one was promptly sourced for me.

The staff at the hotel were all exceptionally pleasant and helpful and quick to lend a hand when needed.

If I ever find myself back in Amsterdam, I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, the higher you go and away from the street, the better chances you will have for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have to say that I love the hotel, but even after asking for a quiet room, they gave us the most noisy room in the property. First floor on the corner right over the bar/restaurant. I was traveling with a 3 month baby, and when he sleeps… we need to do the same. Well, this was not possible until 5 am in the morning during weekends. A pity… because all the rest was just superb.

1  Thank 2xelmundo
Reviewed 11 August 2014

During our family vacation we were at the V Nesplein. It's just the perfect Hotel for AMS! In the middle of everything but still calm. Design, but combined with confortable furniture, great beads, wonderful chairs. Staff is not only very friendly but knows a lot about their city - a plus we appreciate a lot! Our Junior Suite on the 3rd floor was big enough for us and our 2 teen daughters. A huge bathroom - aswell as that great room size are unusual for Amsterdam. A Nespresso Machine and complimentary water was great for the warm days we spent there.
Situated in the heart of Amsterdam, a minute walk to Madame Tussauds and Kalverstraat - the shopping paradise, Damrak (with Grachtenboats) and Tram. 10 minutes to Anne Frank house, aswell as the flower market. Couldn't be better, really!
Dinner at the Hotel was delicious - service top. There must be a great Manager, that they have so many good employees!
If you make your booking, take the rate with breakfast. Wit home made bread and delicious croissants you can choose a selection of home and freshly (!!!) made french Toast or Pancakes or Egg Benedict: Best Egg Benedict ever - These Dutch know how to make a Sauce Hollandaise - and... best Cappuchino ever - They know how to serve a great coffee... With the wonderful latte art drawings they did our daughters also wanted a Cappuchino instead of freshly squeezed Orange Juice.... That Breakfast you get for a very reasonable price - we even had a lower rate 'cause we made a reservation with the booking.
The wonderful candles on the table can be baught at the front desk, aswell as the bathrobe "with LoVe from Amsterdam" which we had to have...;-)
Sad, that we had to leave after two nights. And: Off course, we will be back! Very soon.
WLAN free of charge and very fast. Wonderful!

Room Tip: Our junior suite was on the third floor, Number 303. Windows on two sides. Very nice. I think it was...
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We are here to meet friends and in addition to it's great location, the decor and space is fantastic. Ask for room 306. Very cool hotel right out of a Hitchcock movie! Dark corners and a huge chandelier! Great people who also work here too!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We just got back from our 3 night stay at Hotel V Nesplein and would certainly return in the future.
The biggest advantage to this hotel is it's location, just off of Dam square and in perfect reach of all that Amsterdam has to offer as well as many restaurants/take aways such as Wok to Walk and McDonalds.

Next is the room. We chose a superior twin room which was large and bright. As another reviewer mentioned the TV has BBC1, BBC 2 and also internet access with direct links to TripAdvisor , google and YouTube. The beds were extremely comfortable, however may be too soft for those who need/like hard mattresses and pillows. The bathroom was also a perfect size decorated very nicely with a walk-in double waterfall shower-heaven!
One thing however I was disappointed in is the soundproofing of the room. Although I expected to hear noise from the corridor, one night we had to listen to the sound of high heels walking in the room above us for about 20 minutes on and off, not the best but thankfully it didn't last.

Lastly I have to commend the staff, all very polite, cheery and always wanting to help. Although they recommend the hotel restaurant many times they were never pushy, and more than happy to give other recommendations, a lovely breath of fresh air it has to be said!

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor for nice views of Amsterdam!