Lowest prices for your stay
£270
No prepayment needed
£270
Get rewarded with One Key
Vio.com
£267
1,227 results
All reviews dam square hotel restaurant quiet side street perfect location room was spacious nespresso machine city station europe
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2019

Fun, intimate hotel with spacious room. Enjoyed the location, bed, and bathroom.

Only complain is hotels.com lists iron and temp. control in room and we had neither, but just small details. Would stay again.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 5nolan5
hotelvamsterdam, Manager at Hotel V Nesplein, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2019

Thank you for your nice review, we would love to welcome you again!
Sorry to hear you just missed those details to make your stay perfect!

You are right, on hotels.com it is indeed mentioned that iron&board are available, it does also mention they are on request. We understand that might create confusion, but it is the way hotels.com displays this.
We have plenty of them available in the hotel and are happy to bring them to your room whenever you want.

The mentioning of the "in-room airco control" is unfortunately not correct, somehow hotels.com displays this, even though it is not selected as a room feature.
Strange. Definitely should not be shown like this, we are sorry for this and have of course asked hotels.com to change this right away!

All the hotel rooms have air-conditioning and air-filtering, but this is controlled by a smart central system.
It actively provides clean and cool air to all rooms.
Heating does have in-room control and can always be adjusted to your liking.

Hope this helps to explain why you missed those features in the room.

We look forward to welcome you again in Amsterdam!
Feel free to send us an e-mail or book directly on our website through Tripadvisor, which offers free breakfast during your stay!

Kind regards,

Hotel V Nesplein

Reviewed 8 July 2019

I highly reccomend Hotel V. The staff's friendly and helpfull mannor was everything you would want and more. The room was large, clean, quiet and comfortable. I don't usually concern myself with hotel restaurants but the "Lobby" bar and restaurant is wonderful, we dined there one night, and it''s convenient for a very fine breakfast before getting on about your day. Kudos especially to Hanna at the front desk for helping me make our 10th anniversary special and memorable.

Room tip: I beIieve that all rooms would be quiet because of the hotel''s location and condtruction. Ours was very quiet
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank raycQ1211UU
Reviewed 29 June 2019

I am a customer from Taiwan. My wife and I stayed this hotel for three days. The location is appropriately located at the center of city. The room is cozy. I most recommend is their restaurant. It provide delicious foods and excellent service. However, what impresses me is their employee. They are well trained and always offer an assistance with a big smile at any time from reception, restaurant to room service. This is the exact hotel you would like to stay in Amsterdam. The unforgettable thing is Tim at reception desk offered an assistance voluntarily when my reserved taxi through booking.com didn't show up. He contacted and negotiated with booking.com to bargain a refund for my payment which I already did. And then he contacted a taxi to take me to the airport in time to avoid my missing the flight. I really appreciate his assistance.

Room tip: no comment
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank San Land Y
Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights, in a room on the top floor (room 306). The rooms are styled with an ‘industrial chic’ feel. The toiletries were very pleasant to use (woody/peppery aromas). The hotel staff were all very helpful and friendly. The breakfasts in the Lobby bar/restaurant were top quality - and we also enjoyed dinner there one evening.
The hotel is walking distance from Centraal station and, while on the edge of the red light district, is actually very quiet (although the rooms would benefit from better blockout curtains). The location is ideal for exploring all of Amsterdam. We hired bikes and explored the city.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 30 May 2019

We visited this hotel in late October 2018 and it was a good one. We requested a quiet room and it was so. It was a tier up in classification, maybe "Superior" or "Comfort" or similar.

Check-in/Check-out at Hotel V Nesplein was efficient. The staff was helpful and I liked that they sold stamps at the front desk. There are so many good postcards to send from Amsterdam.

Breakfast is ordered "a la carte" from the menu. At first this seemed unusual, not to be buffet, but after experiencing this, it's preferable. Excellent breakfast there at Hotel V Nesplein. They really know how to take care of food.

Wallpaper in common areas can give a headache, so it's not the best. Separate elevators for staff and guests could help matters-- but perhaps space being at a premium in that city, it's good that the rooms are spacious if one has to choose between guest-only elevator or more room space.

The location is very central, but being on a side street helps the hotel room to be quiet, and for a generally peaceful environment.

The layout of the room was well-done and spacious, with comfortable furniture and a shower with great water pressure.

The hotel is a short walk to Pathé Tuschinski where you can enjoy an old-style cinema that shows recent movies. It's also a short walk from The English Hatter, a high-quality men's clothing store. Damrak 98 was an excellent restaurant nearby Hotel V Nesplein.

Hotel V Nesplein is an excellent choice for Amsterdam Accommodation.

Date of stay: October 2018