“Just right for day or night”
Review of Wannemakers

Wannemakers
Ranked #1,642 of 4,045 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Away from the crowds of the city, this is a real gem. Great welcome, watch the world go by outside or enjoy the great layout inside. Food is great with real helpful waiting staff - try the gin selections too as a pre-dinner drink. Excellent and visited several times over a long weekend. A1 :)

1  Thank derekmarkspresenter

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Nice location on the canal and great outdoor terrace, if you manage to get a table. The food is pretty good, steak tartar was made right in front of you and delicious and the lamb rack was also pretty good, although the sauce was a little rich. My friend had the surprise menu, which the serving staff can't tell you anything about at all (which is fine), but it wasn't that much of a surprise as the main course was just a combination of the lamb and steak (two of the main meal choices), which two of us ordered anyway, so that was slightly disappointing.

The service staff were nice and friendly which was great, however the service was rather slow. It wasn't that busy in the restaurant and only 2 staff were working, but it was about 1 and a half hours until we got our main meals, so we were obviously quite hungry. The food was pretty good though but we didn't want to stay for dessert as it was very late.

I would come back and try it again though.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great asparagus dinner. One word: delicious, from the beginning until the end. Good service by young people with traditional restaurant values.

1  Thank DutchyNetherland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I eat here on our recent visit to Amsterdam. The restaurant is pleasantly set out - nice airy design. The staff were very welcoming and knowledgeable. I had the lamb and my wife had the risotto - both superb. The waitress helped us select wine to go with the food - both very good and reasonably priced. Overall a great experience, I would recommend you visit. It was more prices than some restaurants but the food was exceptional. We will return.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Pulitzer Hotel recommended Wannemakers for Sunday lunch. I booked a table. It is a hip place (not far from Anne Franks house)with a slightly New York feel, maybe almost slightly scruffy. But no, its anything but - this is a really excellent restaurant without any pretension. We took the advice to have some local Dutch mixed starters to share - deep fried stuff, so that sorted out the hangover. I had steak tartar - which is prepared in front of you - expertly - it was devine. All washed down with plenty of top draw rose wine. I think was had a pudding too, but it was all a bit hazy by then. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.