“Worlds worst bike rental ”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Budget Bikes

Green Budget Bikes
Ranked #154 of 192 Outdoor Activities in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Budget Bikes is the best choice to explore Amsterdam by bike, tandem or scooter. We stock the newest Dutch bicycle models and our scooters and tandems are of the best quality. All for the cheapest prices around - from 9 euro a day. So don´t hesitate come jump on and explore Amsterdam by bike.We are located at three central locations:Leidseplein - Lange Leidsedwarsstraat 103, 1017NJDam Square - Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 101, 1012RG Westerkerk - Raadhuisstraat 29, 1016DC
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worlds worst bike rental ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are incredibly rude and lack basic morals considering how much money you're giving them for sub-par bikes. When returning the bikes we were charged for an extra day as we returned 30mins later than the time we originally rented them out 3 days ago. The guy on the day said 'around this time' and when we returned them the manager gave us an aggressive spiel on how he's there to make money. In addition to this horrid behaviour, he also took out a shady deposit out of my account and decided to keep our passports. Avoid this place at all costs as it is a gross waste of your money.

2 Thank sarahmarshman

• Turkish first
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The staff is incredibly rude considering how much money you're giving them for sub-par bikes. When returning the bikes we were charged for an extra day as we returned 30mins later than the time we originally rented them out 3 days ago. The guy on the day said 'around this time' and when we returned them the manager gave us an aggressive spiel on how he's there to make money. Avoid this place.

Mainz, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Terrible, unethical company. Do not rent from here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Guys, I'm taking the time to write this review because I want to prevent other tourists from having to experience what I went through. Please, please heed my caution! I wish I would've read these reviews before I ever stepped foot in this business.

The owner is an absolute crook and will do anything he can to take your money. He will blame you for pre-existing damage. He will be extremely aggressive. If you stand up to him, he will call you a liar and he will literally tell you to "shut your mouth". Do not use this business. Please, I beg you to go somewhere else to rent a bike. If you still decide to go with this business, take photographs of the bike! And good luck.

If you already rented from this company and got screwed over in any way, I urge you to file a complaint with the police department. I literally had to call the police to keep him from charging me for erroneous damage and the police told me that if there are enough complaints about this business, they will be shut down. Getting this business shut down will prevent other innocent tourists from having their money stolen from them. We need to help each other and stand up to crooks that take advantage of tourists!

6 Thank Kelly302
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“real nice pictures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We was with 7 friends we want to go to volendam after this we saw this shop nearby the dan square we dressed and take a nice pictures with our friends

Visited July 2014
1 Thank mert h
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Faulty bike - made to pay for it - rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

These guys gave me a bike with faulty brakes that ended up snapping and trapping the back tyre, leaving me with no option but to drag it back to the shop which took two hours. This happened whilst rising down a road, through NO fault of my own.

After dragging the bike back I was told that there was no way it could have been their fault and that I must have been lying. I was made to pay extra for the repairs.

The staff were rude and unhelpful and I hope people avoid this company in the future.

Visited June 2014