“Great half day out with the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Budget Bikes

Green Budget Bikes
Ranked #154 of 191 Outdoor Activities in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Budget Bikes is the best choice to explore Amsterdam by bike, tandem or scooter. We stock the newest Dutch bicycle models and our scooters and tandems are of the best quality. All for the cheapest prices around - from 9 euro a day. So don´t hesitate come jump on and explore Amsterdam by bike.We are located at three central locations:Leidseplein - Lange Leidsedwarsstraat 103, 1017NJDam Square - Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 101, 1012RG Westerkerk - Raadhuisstraat 29, 1016DC
Shanghai, China
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great half day out with the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

we rented 5 bikes for half a day at their Amstel shop. Great location to start exploring the canals and great staff. I was very surprised they had bikes available for a 9 year old. We rented 5 bikes which could fit everyone in our group. The bikes are well maintained and their fares are extremely flexible should you decide to keep the bikes for longer than expected. I would recommend avoiding the city centre with the bikes and head for the museum area.

Visited August 2014

• Turkish first
Pune, India
125 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 202 helpful votes
“Bike Tour of Amsterdam”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This was the first activity we did in Amsterdam and I would surely urge people to do the same activity.
A bike tour around Amsterdam is a good way to familiarize yourself in this city of canals, where many places look indistinguishably alike.
We had a guide Valencio, who did a quick tour, which on hindsight, we felt was a tad too quick. He did manage to cover the important places and give us a flavour of the history there.
I would have preferred a much longer 3-4 hour bike tour where several more places are covered and also where we can replenish ourselves at some good cafes.

The bikes were in good condition and the guide was very helpful as well.
Not a bad place for a bike tour, but do opt for a less hurried and more detailed tour, if possible.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“bike tour of Amsterdam”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

recently took a bike tour with this company. the reception at the hire shop was rude and unfriendly however we still booked hoping that guy wasn`t the guide!! Our Spanish guide was a lot more polite and interested in showing you the best of Amsterdam.His commentary was initially very good but the second half it was like he couldn`t be bothered any more and raced back to the shop. A bit more info about bike riding round Amsterdam would have been helpful it was pretty hair raising at times in the traffic.I think the safety side is pretty lacking you certainly need your wits about you.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent service and nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am living in Amsterdam and I rent 3 bikes from the shop in Nieuwezijds for my sister, her husband and my niece. The staff was very friendly, they have different kind of bikes and we found something that was perfect for our need.
The manager of the place was very kind, I got an helmet for the child bike for free, and they were very patience and dedicate me a lot of time.
They also sell Amsterdam souvenirs inside the shop and I bought 3 beautiful Amsterdam bags the day I rent the bikes.There are a lot of gadgets inside this shop.
We came back some days later and my niece took two costume pictures, the shop assistant attending to this service was very friendly with her and she took two beautiful pics with two different background, and they have even more!
Very good service for a good price.
I strongly suggest this rental bikes place for the quality of the bikes, the choice they are offering and the friendly atmosphere.

Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worlds worst bike rental ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are incredibly rude and lack basic morals considering how much money you're giving them for sub-par bikes. When returning the bikes we were charged for an extra day as we returned 30mins later than the time we originally rented them out 3 days ago. The guy on the day said 'around this time' and when we returned them the manager gave us an aggressive spiel on how he's there to make money. In addition to this horrid behaviour, he also took out a shady deposit out of my account and decided to keep our passports. Avoid this place at all costs as it is a gross waste of your money.

2 Thank sarahmarshman