Crown Bed & Breakfast
Hotel Mevlana(Amsterdam)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsb bflights of stairscoffee machinejacuzzi baththe breakfast areajust arrived backdeluxe rooma lovely night staydressing tablecarried our bagstravel lightthe blue roomdutch househome away from homeperfect locationdefinitely stay here againthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Great location and fabulous hospitality. I stayed here for one night only, having booked online through their neighbours website. Angelo greeted me at the door and assisted me with carrying my largest bag up the 4flights of stairs to the top floor. My room gave rooftop views of the surrounds, had tea and coffee making facilities, large tv, fresh towels and robe. The bathroom with fancy shower (it has side jets and a waterfall option) was along the short corridor. Also off the corridor was the communal outdoor balcony for the smokers. Not being g a smoker myself I am not keen on the smell of smoke but it's location did not bother me as I could not smell any smoke during my stay. The B&B was quiet and I caught up on my sleep with 11hours in the most comfortable bed. Breakfast was casual and plentiful with a great selection of meats, fruits, breads and (amongst other temptations) blends of nespresso coffee. Angelo allowed me to store my suitcase at the B&B after checkout, leaving me with a key to return to collect my case at my leisure. Angelo gave me a complimentary map of Amsterdam and recommendations on where to eat, shop and be tourist. Everything was in walkingndistance and other than my train to and from the airport, I walked to everywhere I wished to go. Crown B&B has to be one of my top 10 places to stay and I would visit again.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Thank you for your hospitality at your wonder B&B. We stayed at Crown B&B for 4 nights in June.
Location is very convenient in a nice quiet area. Although there were 4 flights of stairs to the B&B, it was not as bad as we expected and Angelo was very helpful with carrying our suitcases. B&B is in a beautifully renovated building, our room was spotless, cosy and comfortable. We loved the breakfast which had a big variety and was 'do it yourself style' in a lovely kitchen. Angelo was a great host, very helpful whenever needed and made us feel at home. He recommended some lovely restaurants so definitely take his advice.

We had a great time and will definitely visit again...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Thats what I call a proper Bed and Brekfast. Lovely owners, great room, perfect rich breakfast.
It is located in a beautiful building, right in the heart of Amsterdam, which makes exploring the city very easy. Surely will be back to this place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Martinek1981
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Beautifully renovated property with all modern amenities and tastefully decorated, with flair. We traveled as a couple and had plenty of space in the room to relax when we weren't out exploring Amsterdam. The bed was very comfortable with lovely bedding. Angelo was truly pleasant and eager to ensure we had all we needed to enjoy our stay. Though a B&B, we had privacy and felt at home. Would happily return and recommend to friends!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We had a 2 night stay at the Crown B & B and it was a great experience. A little difficult to find but the red shutters really helped identify the location. Angelo was a great host! He was very knowledgeable about the area and he insisted that he carry our 3 suitcases up four flights of narrow steep stairs. Great first impression. We stayed in the very top room…a little small for a tall person. Breakfast was do-it-yourself style so we had no complaints. They had plenty of good quality food to start the day. We would not hesitate to stay at the Crown B & B again.

Room Tip: Book early as it only has a few rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple