“Fantastic place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crown Bed & Breakfast

Crown Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 328 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Alloa, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Tamara, 26 July 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Crown B&B. The location was fantastic - only a few minutes walk from Centraal Station and surprisingly close to all of the sights. Angelo, who was more like an old (or new!) friend, was a fantastic host - showing us how to get to all of the places we wanted to go and advising us where to eat and drink along the way. He was there 1st thing in the morning to see how our day had gone and what our plans were for that day, offering suggestions and route advice. Breakfast was a help-yourself affair with everything you could possibly want available on covered plates in the huge fridge. We were also invited to help ourselves through the day/night to a selection of fruit juice, iced water and Nespresso (yum) coffee. The room was absolutely gorgeous, biggest bed, bedroom and bathroom I think I've ever stayed in when on holiday! The decor was very bohemian (loved it) and the bathroom was wall to wall (& floor) marble with a huge spa bath and separate shower area. The room was very warm but Angelo had already put a big fan in the room which we just left on all day and night; he's apparently getting air-con put into the rooms soon which will def make a positive difference for some but I didn't mind being warm as it added to the homely feel and we just slept on top of the covers! For all of these reasons (inc twisty Amsterdam stairs) I would def go back as I prefer to feel that I am experiencing the city I am visiting instead of staying in a cold, impersonal, sterile, corporate designed hotel. Well done Angelo - we loved our stay and thank you for being a fabulous host!
The traditional Amsterdam staircase (open, wooden, twisty) is not for everyone, so if you're scared of heights or have any mobility issues you will struggle. For me - it just added to the charm.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Crown earlier this month, it’s a really nice B&B I would recommend it to anyone travelling to Amsterdam.
The owners have gone to great lengths restoring this traditional old building, it’s in a central location close to all the main tourist attractions and a 5 minute walk from the train station.

We stayed in the room adjacent to the dining area it was nice and quiet, spacious and clean, the breakfast is self service with a wide variety of choice to suit everyone.

Angelo is a perfect host he greeted us on arrival, made us a drink, spent some time recommending restaurants places of interest etc and even provided us with a complimentary bottle of wine.

I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Amsterdam.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in June and had a wonderful stay . We felt very fortunate to have chosen the Crown B & B . We were welcomed by Angelo and given a very helpful introduction on what to do and see . He was in no hurry and gave us plenty of time and help to settle in . Our room was excellent and quiet . The breakfast is set in a lovely dining room and there is plenty of food . It is a self serve , which is a great idea . Plenty of juice , meats , cheese , cereal , eggs , yoghurt , tea and coffee . We were able to help ourselves to the wonderful coffee machine at any time of the day .
Great free wifi on site . We used the dining room on many afternoons to write or have a wine or beer . Angelo was always around to chat or join us to offer more information and enquire about our day . A fabulous host . The property is in a excellent location , close to train , restaurants and walking distance to all the attractions . I can not offer more praise for this property or its owners . It felt like being with friends .

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I visited Amsterdam just few days ago. I stayed in this lowely bed an brekafast 3 nights. It was a nice experiance. The location is right in the heart if this crazy city. My room was on the third floor, very big with jacuzzi and huuuge bathroom. Clean, comfortable. Breakfast was included in the prize and was nice.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank chandler26bln
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this exceptional B&B. Our room was huge and very nice decorated. The bathroom is stylish and has got a raindrop shower. Angelo was very helpful and the kitchen/breakfast room provides a homelike atmosphere. There are a few steps to climb up, but Angelo did the hard part and carried the big suitcase up for us. Thank you for the great time in Amsterdam!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have visited Amsterdam many times and stayed in other places around Old Town and decided to go for this newer B&B that had just opened recently. I wanted the experience of the old Canal House charme and sure got it. Yes, the stairs... folks, ... this is Amsterdam, that's how they are built, you will have to lug your suitcases a grueling narrow and winding staircase but the owners will help gladly help you with all. But if you're not used to this... watch your step, lol, especially after a long night out *hint*. Felt like staying with family. The breakfast area is cozy and the breakfast had quite a variety. You can access the room 24/7 , there is always something to snack on. My friends and I spent quite some time up there, chatting with the super-friendly owners over coffee. They were too nice, at one point I had issues with my just purchased sim card and he let me use his cel phone to call a number that charges per minute, to resolve my situation -just goes to show how awesome these two are. The room was very cute and comfy, I booked the Double Dutch and it was bigger than what I 'm used to in Amsterdam , example: I stay usually in Hotel Estheria ...it is by far pricier but way smaller rooms...Everything was footsteps away. What we did not know is that we are in the ...whatchamacallit... borderline gay red / pink light district... whatever it is... it's interesting to walk back to your B&B at night =) . But no worries, very safe and awesome location. My first days I spent solo in Amsterdam as a single traveling female, so I can assure you, it is absolutely safe to walk around at all times. Make sure to pay attention to detail prior arrival in terms of the B&B, there is no sign outside the B&B, just watch for the red shutters, because it's easy to miss. And make sure to work out your arrival time that it coincides with the owners present, so you get access, as the heavy wood door is locked during all times and the office is upstairs and you will first need a key. That is only an issue if arrive in the middle of the night and have to ring the bell, which would wake everyone up, lol, but like I stated, the owners go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable and trouble-free. I highly recommend Crown B & B.

Room Tip: I had the Double Dutch Room for myself, cute and cozy, watch that shower though. It is spacious enou...