“Great three course menu but very dark”

Humphrey's Spuistraat
Ranked #257 of 4,141 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$18 - US$31
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We came across this by accident and were very taken with their three course menu. There was a great choice in main courses including chicken, which many restaurants do not serve. Only thig against it was the dark - I couldn't read the menu or see what I was eating.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just back from Amsterdam and found it very difficult to find a nice restaurant. They are few and far between.

Humphrey's was near our hotel and offer a set 3 courses for €24.95. The restaurant is lovely and we were very surprised it was a chain. The food is about the best you will get in Amsterdam and the best value too. They actually serve a Cesar Salad, Fries and dips to each table along with what you've ordered. Good choice of wine too at reasonable prices.

We ate here 2 nights having experienced a couple of bad meals and being ripped off.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Dropped on Humphrey's on our first night and not disappointed. Modern brasserie style, set menu had a good choice and was good value. Good service and food, can't ask for much more.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We went to this restaurant due to trip advisor good reviews and offer of 3 course meal for 25 Euros. Location is easy distance to the Central Station, decor of restaurant was great. Food was amazing, lots of food if you are hungry as we were. Staff was great in helping us select meal. I would go there again.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Maybe I went on a bad day and I was just in a bad mood but I really hated this restaurant. I booked it for Valentime's Day not really knowing what kind of restaurant it was. I was so very disappointed that it felt a bit like a Nandos or a Frankie and Benny's.
The food was not great, the service was not great. I see there are quite a few good reviews on here, so maybe I just got a bad day, but I would not go back.