“Friendly.”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

It allready started with the entrance. Nice people and the food is great. Good choise of food and for every bodies taste there is something.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was recommended in our "Holland Pass" booklet and offered the euro 24.95 three course meal for 20 euros. Upon arrival the restaurant was very busy but the manager seated us at a table within 3 minutes. I did mention the special offer to him.
Very tastefully decorated restaurant but very dark - even the menus are black but notwithstanding that the food was excellent. My starter of tapas was just delightful and I followed that with the sole which was perfectly cooked. As for the sweet - chocolate and toffee tart - yummie!!!
On asking for the bill I proffered my discount card but the waitress said it was not necessary and when the bill arrived we were charged the 20 euros per head. Excellent value for a 3 course meal which was beautifully presented.
I understand that the menu changes on a monthly basis.
Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Humphrey's with three friends on a short break in Amsterdam. I understand there's two branches in Amsterdam. We visited the one in the north if the city near Central station.

There are lots of poor value restaurants in the area so it was good to find a set menu which was excellent value for money at €25. The ambience is relaxed and informal with wooden tables, exposed brick walls, but also huge chandeliers. The 3 course set menu has 8 or 9 choices for each course including vegetarian options. My starter was a very nice beef carpaccio with rocket salad; my main course was an excellent skewered mixed grill with generous portions of good quality beef pork and chicken with a sauerkraut salad; desert was a great cheesecake with ice cream and berries compote. House wine was very acceptable at €19 a bottle.

Service was prompt and friendly. We visited on a Thursday at 7.30 and got one of the last free tables. But by 9.00 it was less crowded. I wouldn't hesitate to visit again. Refreshingly good value in a tourist part of town.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We came across this by accident and were very taken with their three course menu. There was a great choice in main courses including chicken, which many restaurants do not serve. Only thig against it was the dark - I couldn't read the menu or see what I was eating.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just back from Amsterdam and found it very difficult to find a nice restaurant. They are few and far between.

Humphrey's was near our hotel and offer a set 3 courses for €24.95. The restaurant is lovely and we were very surprised it was a chain. The food is about the best you will get in Amsterdam and the best value too. They actually serve a Cesar Salad, Fries and dips to each table along with what you've ordered. Good choice of wine too at reasonable prices.

We ate here 2 nights having experienced a couple of bad meals and being ripped off.