“Bad experience.”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Just across the Marriott hotel near the Leidseplein,in a little beautiful park( het Leidsebosje) stands our typically Dutch Poffertjes & Pancake house. Our "poffertjeskraam" used to travel the carnivals(funfairs) of Holland,but is now (almost 20 years) a favorite among tourists & locals forPoffertjes & Pancakes.For the pancakes we use :*organic flour *fresh fruits(you have to see our Dutch strawberries) *Dutch cheese *Dutch bacon/hamonly
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I went to this restaurant with two friends who visited me in Amsterdam because they wanted to try the pannenkoeken at last once and the places I knew were too far. The restaurant is in the middle of a little park, so the location is pleasant, but the pancakes were very plain. Moreover, our table was forward a broken windows so we were exposed to cold wind and raindrops, and when we complained they moved us to a table next to the previous one; there we were repaired from the raindrops but not from the cold.
I didn't like it at all.

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Try the Poffertjes, you won't regret it! After a few other fails with authentic Dutch food at other locations, these were a true win! I'm just sad I don't have enough time here to get them again!

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I had never heard of Poffertjes, but they sounded good and sold as an "official Dutch treat". And a treat they are! Like little pancakes but they are plumper and about two inches wide. There is a plaque on the building describing the difference between them and pancakes. Definitely something to try, you win't regret it! I had them with strawberries and whipped cream, lookig forward to another chance to have them!

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Just opposite our hotel, on the banks of the canal, under trees giving shades, a minute from the Leiden square, fresh& tasty poffertjes .... Do I need to go on?
Oh yeah, friendly service!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

You must definetely try this place, there are unbelievable little dutch pancakes (poffertjes). I advice the one with nutella, its perfect.