“Good food with friendly staff”

Norling Restaurant Amsterdam
Ranked #72 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Diner, Tibetan
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Please enjoy our simply delicious Himalyan cuisine in the heart of Amsterdam.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very good tibetan restaurant. Delicious food and friendly staff.
Maybe a little pricey, we paid 55 € for two persons (1 starter, 2 mains, bread and 2 beers), decide yourself.

Would definitely come back.

1  Thank flyingfinn1234
There are newer reviews for Norling Restaurant Amsterdam

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The house on Regulierdwarsstraat #23 is a beautiful place, very Dutch, crazy flights of stairs, big windows. It used to be an adorable bar. It was a big surprise to find a Tibetan restaurant in the place! I decided to give it a go because I had never had Tibetan food and for old times sake, because of the house. I was greeted by the most friendly staff (apparently they are all Tibetan) and I was really surprised at the food. To eat well in Amsterdam you have to go to international cuisine, and Norling offered me a more interesting option of Asian. I loved it and I went back on the last day of my trip -wishing I had found out about this place sooner. Amazing!

1  Thank xmarcelax
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our waitress was Tibetan, very pleasant and polite lady. She recommended what to order And we were very pleased with the choice. I would recommend chilli lamb, it was very tasty!!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We followed the good reviews here and were not disappointed by this modern and high quality place. The owner pointed out that all preparations are made from total scratch (no store bought sauces or frozen goods) and this really is something you taste. Tibetan seems to be a cross between Indian curries and Chinese stir fries. Both were excellent in both taste and preparation. Location is super central, between Leidseplein and Rembrandtplein.

2  Thank Enokling
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Firstly I'd like to thank the guys at Norling for finding me a table, at relatively short notice, on a very busy weekend. The friendly and welcoming staff made for an absolutely awesome evening. The restaurant itself is modern, bright and very well decorated. In typical Amsterdam style, its quite narrow and over a few floors.

The food was excellent, really well presented and good sized portions. It would have been good if there had been 3 (or more) of us as they offer an excellent group deal (starter, main, dessert and wine) for 30 Euro PP. The dishes we had were perfect for sharing, dumplings and spring rolls, lamb curries etc. It's possibly a Tibetan thing, but the dishes weren't as spicy as I would have normally gone for. However I expect if I'd asked they would have spiced them up a little.

I can honestly say Norling is the best restaurant I've eaten in whilst staying in Amsterdam. I'd thoroughly recommend them, for both food, quality of service and atmosphere. There are a number of establishments that could learn a few things about customer service by eating here.

1  Thank SimonHunter