“Understated excellence”

Ranked #62 of 3,858 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: Diner, Tibetan
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Please enjoy our simply delicious Himalyan cuisine in the heart of Amsterdam.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Understated excellence”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Norling serves Tibetan food which is simple, fresh and worth trying . The authenticity of the Tibetan culinary delights I can't vouch for . The quality of the offering can be vouched for . The menu is small and simple but there's something for carnivores as well as vegetarians . The venue is a double story little restaurant only 10 minutes from Dam Square . The ambience is good due to the size and compactness of the place . Bookings seem to be required as the place is pretty busy . Worth a visit !!

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Ellisville, Mississippi
“Not quite Tibetan food, but still good.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We got here at 730 pm on a Sunday and we were the first ones there, though as the hour went on, more people filled the tables. Still, it was not completely packed. I do have to say that the ambiance was great. I do love the three levels and steep stairs and the cute little bathrooms on the third floor. I agree with the previous contributor's remark with the restaurant as being "very Dutch." The loempia tasted exactly like my uncle's homemade lumpia, but lumpia is Filipino. The cinnamon in the rice was a nice and delicious touch. The vegetable noodle dish was an authentic...Chinese dish. The chili prawn was tasty and I was told by the lovely server that the sauce was Tibetan, though the prawn part was not at all Tibetan. There is no seafood in Tibetan cuisine. The portions were large enough that me and my sister had leftovers for lunch the next day. Would I eat here again? Definitely. The food is authentic, but not quite the Tibetan meal I was looking forward to.

Visited April 2014
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Good food with friendly staff”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very good tibetan restaurant. Delicious food and friendly staff.
Maybe a little pricey, we paid 55 € for two persons (1 starter, 2 mains, bread and 2 beers), decide yourself.

Would definitely come back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank flyingfinn1234
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Good food, great staff!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The house on Regulierdwarsstraat #23 is a beautiful place, very Dutch, crazy flights of stairs, big windows. It used to be an adorable bar. It was a big surprise to find a Tibetan restaurant in the place! I decided to give it a go because I had never had Tibetan food and for old times sake, because of the house. I was greeted by the most friendly staff (apparently they are all Tibetan) and I was really surprised at the food. To eat well in Amsterdam you have to go to international cuisine, and Norling offered me a more interesting option of Asian. I loved it and I went back on the last day of my trip -wishing I had found out about this place sooner. Amazing!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank xmarcelax
Clermont-Ferrand, France
“Interesting”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Our waitress was Tibetan, very pleasant and polite lady. She recommended what to order And we were very pleased with the choice. I would recommend chilli lamb, it was very tasty!!

Visited April 2014