“Best omlette in my life”
Review of Omelegg - De Pijp

Omelegg - De Pijp
Ranked #25 of 3,805 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Cuisines: Dutch, Cafe, European, Healthy, Central European, International
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Description: We are specialised in omelettes being the first and only omeletterie in The Netherlands.
Ramat Gan, Israel
“Best omlette in my life”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Let's start with the looks. Everything in this place is made of wood, including menus. And I don't mean "paper". The menu is actually a small wood plank with prices burned on it. The design is all about eggs, starting from colored egg shells hanging from the ceiling.
Now to the food. As the name suggests, the specialty of this place is omelettes. They give you a choice from about ten omelettes, and you can also create your own mix of ingredients. We ordered Farmer Boy and Viking-something. They were both very tasty, and the sizes of them - I barely finished mine, and my wife couldn't finish hers. Come hungry!
An incredible experience and a must-go place if you visit Amsterdam.

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Omelettes for breakfast you can't go wrong here”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Tasty omelettes made just how you like them. You can add whatever you like to them. They also do normal cooked breakfasts here. Coffee great as is atmosphere incredibly relaxed. Open kitchen and old war time music playing. Relaxed and enjoyable breakfast.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank kati_17uk
Seattle, Washington
“So good!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Definitely come here for breakfast, lunch, brunch, all of the above if you're an omelette fan! Charming and absolutely delicious food. I had an omelette with banana, cinnamon, honey and peanut butter, crazy delicious and highly recommend.

1 Thank KBeth00
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Best breakfast in town!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I'm a local and I've been to some spots here in Amsterdam, hoping to discover where the best breakfast was hiding in town.. Well, I've absolutely found it! The place looks really cute and has a perfect atmosphere to start the day with or have a peaceful lunch break on a busy day; the wooden interior, the cute little plants everywhere around, the vegetables that decorate the open kitchen in the middle of the restaurant and the guestbooks hanging above the tables -ready to be written or drawn in, fun idea!- give away a lovely atmosphere.. as if you're having breakfast in your own garden! The service is absolutely amazing. I've been around a few times and I've had some different people serving me, all of them were super kind! Then the food.. so much choice, I eat something different everytime, and all of it delicious! You can add anything to your eggs, and own variations are more than welcome! Panini's, soups.. they got it all, and most food organic, which gives an extra strong, delicious flavor. On top of that the prices are very reasonable.. I couldn't wish for a nicer place in the neighborhood to start my day at weekly!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank RowenAida
Perugia, Italy
“A must while in Amsterdam!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My boyfriend and I walked to Omelegg on a Sunday morning in hopes it was open, and we were so happy when we saw it was. The atmosphere itself is so cute and welcoming. The place was packed when we walked in and people were walking in and out all morning, some not being able to sit. But luckily we sat within 5 minutes of being there. The staff is busy but still attentive. The menu is great! You can even build your own omelet, or scrambled eggs, or anything! They have weekly special omelet's as well. My boyfriend and I each got an omelet and were not disappointed! It was amazing. I will be back! Go for an amazing breakfast/brunch, you wont be disappointed with food or prices!

• Visited May 2014