“Super food and service”
Review of Lai & Wai - Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Lai & Wai - Asian Bistro
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: The recipes in our bistro are brought together by three families: Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese. At Lai & Wai you can taste different Asian cuisines: Classic Chinese platters, Korean Beef Bulgogi, Vietnamese Pho, Japanese Sushi, Indonesian Rice Table and more.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super food and service”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Ate twice on Lai & Wai - had to come back for more of the very fine and authentic food. Have a daughter with glute allergy and they made special food for her and adjusted according to our wishes. Nice atmosphere, modern interior with a big Aquarium. Relaxed and nice place.

Visited March 2014

Bracknell, England, United Kingdom
“Varied Asian menu - actually went for the Indonesian Rice table”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Smart restaurant in the centre of Amsterdam came recommended as we wanted to try an Indonesian rice table -many sampler style dishes for a fixed price. We had the one for €19.50 a head, prawn crackers to start then eight small dishes with varying flavours. Chicken satay - good, two beef dishes, sauces ok but the meat was very fatty - poor.A dish of spicy chinese vegetables, another with green beans in a mild curry flavour sauce, chicken in a sweetish sour sauce and also eggs in a sweetish sour sauce. There was another another dish but can't remember it! Overall I thought the meal a tad below average and not worth the money. We watched other tables and the food they ordered seemed better than ours - did we choose the wrong meal, maybe. For me I think that there must be better Asian restaurants and China Town is only a few minutes walk away - can't really recommend it.

• Visited February 2014
Milan, Italy
“Terrible”
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

One of the worst Asian restaurant I've ever tried. Slow service. Terrible taste. Smell of oil all around. Probably the worst dim sum in the World. Don't try!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Not bad but lookout for the service”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

A pleasant restaurant who's main draw for me was that I was hankering for a steaming bowl of Pho. The menu is a sort of mish mash of Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Viet Namese. The Pho was passable, but if you're from the west coast US you'll be disappointed. My main beef with Lai and Wai was the service. Kitchen timing was off, people seated after me were being served, my beverage was forgotten, my Pho was forgotten...it took a threatened walk-out to get them on their toes.
I hate to disparage this restaurant. I think they were trying to put their best foot forward but they just kept tripping.

Visited December 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Asian Fusion”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Friendly staff, food delicious, typical prices for Europe. Had the Korean Kimchi Jigae and a mixed Dim sum. All tantalized the taste buds.

• Visited October 2013