“Middling, but not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lai & Wai - Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Lai & Wai - Asian Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: The recipes in our bistro are brought together by three families: Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese. At Lai & Wai you can taste different Asian cuisines: Classic Chinese platters, Korean Beef Bulgogi, Vietnamese Pho, Japanese Sushi, Indonesian Rice Table and more.
London, United Kingdom
“Middling, but not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

These reviews are difficult, because everything is forgettable. Nothing was overly bad here, but nothing was particularly good either. We made our way here from the Crown Plaza across the street. In that sense, the restaurant is in a good location. Had dumplings, soup, Singapore noodles and a rice dish. Dumplings were a bit chewy, flavors were a bit overwhelming (as if they were dumping curry powder on things). Interior is modern and clean, service was average. Prices were a bit high for what they offer, but it seems I am saying that often nowadays. I would recommend passing on this one.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great Asian food and huge huge portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Went here with friends and had a lovely time. The staff were very attentive and were happy to explain some of the dishes. This is not just a Chinese restaurant it serves dishes from all over Asia. I think the owners chose a selection of dishes from all over the Far East and put them in a menu. We had the mixed starter which was nice and typical Chinese fare. We also had the sushi for starter and this was really good. For mains we had rice, noodles, char Sui pork, crispy duck and spicy beef. OMG the portions were huge and we could not finish it all. Without asking they wanted to wrap it up for us to take away, we explained we could not reheat which they accepted. Truth is we were so full we were in danger of exploding.

Really nice meal and I would recommend it

Oceanside, California
“Pathetic customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband and I saw this restaurant while riding the tram and it looked great so we decided to check it out. We went on and the restaurant had nice decor. The hostess was friendly enough and seated us immediately. The waitress came over while we were reviewing the menu and asked for our drinks. I said is isn't have a chance to look but I would start with water (tap since you must specify in Europe). She said they didn't serve tap water. I said excuse me as I was certain I had misheard her but she said it again. She said if you want tap water you need to at least order wine. Seriously?! I told her that was ridiculous and we got up and left. Is it legal to refuse a customer water? Avoid!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Wanderlustlove22
United Kingdom
“Truly excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed just opposite this restaurant at the crowne plaza. The food and service here is brilliant and very well priced. I had an evening bento box both nights, the duck is particularly excellent. The Korean dishes are great and the kimchi to die for.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Ate twice on Lai & Wai - had to come back for more of the very fine and authentic food. Have a daughter with glute allergy and they made special food for her and adjusted according to our wishes. Nice atmosphere, modern interior with a big Aquarium. Relaxed and nice place.

Visited March 2014