“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Room Mate Aitana

Ranked #29 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I loved the hotel!! Amazing room and view. Comfortable stay, super friendly staff and great location. Although the bar is a little weird with it hidden away we enjoyed sitting looking out across the water. Would definitely stay again!!!!!

Stayed December 2013
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Ru_Simmons,

Perfect! What a fantastic way to start your review, thank you for those kind words. I am thrilled to read that you had such a good stay with us, enjoying the water view, relaxing bar and our friendly staff!

It was our pleasure having you stay with us, hopefully we may welcome you back next time you are in Amsterdam.

m.veken@room-matehotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

we stayed here for 2 night last October, we really liked it, even that it was just opened i guess but the rooms are very modern and nice, the view is great, and it is still a walking distance to everything in the lovely city. the bar is super nice with a lovely bar tender, the foyer is hip and modern and the staff are very friendly.
They can do with more staff for sure, check in and check out time was quite long as there are 2 people doing all of that.
breakfast was quite nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Wael2011,

thank you for your kind words when you wrote your review of our hotel. It gives us great satisfaction to read that you enjoyed the special design, large rooms and great views. Your comments on staffing at reception have been taken to heart, and already we have made big improvements there. Thank you for mentioning that!

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us, and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam.

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have booked a room in Aitana when it wasn't open yet. I was a bit worried that I would find a construction site upon arrival... But no, there is an impressive modern building towering over new marina. As a boater I liked the place straightaway. The location is great, just few minutes walk from Central Station and Metro, bit farther away from Old Town but still in walking distance. The lobby is impressive yet warm. The staff is absolutely great! So friendly, enthusiastic and willing to help? No question not answered, no request not dealt with. And all these with smile and kindness. The rooms are big and very airy with windows from the floor to the ceiling. Sadly mine was facing a building not an Amsterdam panorama. But, I have been promised, that next time I will get a room with a view! Beds are comfortable, bathroom with very spacey shower cubicle. Coffee and tea facilities in the room is always a bonus for me. The mini bar was ok and moderately priced. The breakfast was really good and choice of food satisfactory. There is a lobby bar with huge chairs, very comfortable and modern. There is no restaurant though (yet). Not a problem as the staff can order a food for you from nearby restaurant. I will stay there again and I hope to see the same smiling faces which I value more then a view from my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zibby K
Dear Zibby K,

What a delight to read your review! We are so happy to know that your stay with us has been to your complete satisfaction. Your compliments regarding our smiling and helpful staff are especially appreciated, and I will be sure to place your review on a special place on our noticeboard for everyone to read!
You will be happy to know that restaurant I-Dock will be in full service in a matter of weeks, inlcuding a lovely terrace at the Marina!
Please feel free to contact us for a room overlooking both the Marina and Amsterdam. I am sure as a boater you will appreciate this view!

It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we would love to welcome you back soon!

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I would like to thanks all the staff, very helpful and friendly. The room was very nice, with a big confortable bed and very clean. The hotel is about 10 minutes by the centraal station. The breakfast is also nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Michael F.

thank you for your kind words in reviewing our hotel! It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many things during your stay with us. I hope you hade a wonderful time in Amsterdam, and hope we may welcome you back next time you are in Amsterdam!

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

A friend and I were visiting Amsterdam and we had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Its a fairly new hotel opened 2013 but almost everything is in place. The only thing we were made aware off, was that the restaurant has not yet opened, but they do serve breakfast and it was to our liking. I was most impressed by the service at the hotel as they tried at all times to assist guest and they were always plenty of people to ask anything from. The hotel location is also great as it is near the central station. I would recommend this hotel for tourists but I also saw plenty business people at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear ProudlyNA,

what a pleasure to read your review of our hotel! It gives us great satisfaction to read that you were impressed with the service provided by our staff. You will be pleased to read that the restaurant and bar will be opened shortly, and we expect the marina to be functioning in the course of 2014!

Thank you for your stay with us, we would love to welcome you back at Room Mate!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I travel a lot to Amsterdam and often i experienced of bad service, In Room Mate the staff is very helpful was always ready to help with a smile. Rooms are very clean, design is different but very nice. Make sure you ask for a room with a view on the high floor

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Simon A,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us. We are very happy to read that you had such a nice stay with us! At Room Mate we strive to offer only excellent service, and reading your experience I am happy to see that you experienced it this way!
It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam!

Billericay, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

I arranged a surprise trip to Amsterdam for my husband's birthday. Right from my initial booking to confirming the number of rooms we needed, through to our stay and check out, I could not have asked for a better customer service.
There were 9 of us in total and we all rate the hotel and staff as top class. Paloma and Micaela simply couldn't have done enough to made our stay any better. Thank you!
The location is great. It's a little bit away from all the hussle and bussle which is perfect and a very enjoyable stroll through the shopping area with great bars and restaurnats to Dam Square etc
I look forward to returning again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view from higher up!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Julie C,

What a delight to read your enthusiastic review of our stay with us! At Room Mate we strive for our guests to enjoy excellent service, and I am happy to read that your experience was so positive. I will share your review with our entire team, especially Paloma and Micaela who I know will read it with pride.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We would love to welcome you back with us on your next visit to Amsterdam. To receive a direct discount on your next visit, please use the action code 'Aitanafan' on our website when making a reservation.