“Hip and trendy”

Ranked #29 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Hip and trendy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a property that follows the moto "jung and fresh", the ideal of the hotel brand room mate which represents good service from jung staff in a relaxed trendy ambience. In terms of what people shoud consider when going to Amsterdam: 1) Location: very good in a new part of the city 10 minutes walk from the main train station, and 5 minutes walk to jordaan neighborhood, one of the most nice areas in the city with lots of restaurants to choose. And what's best is that is not around the dam square where is really loudy and crowdy day and night. 2) Rooms: very hip with all you need from a 4 stars hotel, good dimensions and comfy beds. 3) Staff: jung and eager to welcome you and help you. 4) Breakfast: if you get a good price for the stay plus breakfast, is a good choice that you shouldn't doubt, otherwise don't pay for the breakfast at the hotel.
I definitely recommend this hotel when visiting Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Rooms in upper levels with city view are the best!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Amsterdam is renowned for accommodation with tiny rooms and steep, narrow staircases, so this is a great new alternative. It is a modern, spacious hotel, built only last year on a jetty constructed into the River Ij. We stayed for 4 nights in a room on the ninth floor, with views across to the city through a full wall window. The room and bathroom were immaculate and stocked with everything we needed, with plenty of storage space and a large, comfortable bed.
We visited on a Voyage Prive deal that didn't include breakfast. In fact, we didn't eat in the hotel, as we preferred alternatives in the centre. We did have a drink in the bar, though it seemed very expensive. Staff were efficient and helpful and we appreciated being able to leave our luggage for a few hours after checking out.
The location suited us perfectly. You just need to follow the walkway, cross the main road, cross a small bridge and walk under a rail bridge and you are at one end of Prinzengracht ready to explore the leafy canals, browse the village type shops or stroll up to the Museum Quarter. There is lots to see and do, depending on your interests.
Our Dutch friends came to the hotel to meet us from out of town. They hadn't seen the developments and felt that it had been transformed from one of the seediest areas into one of the most upmarket!
Through Voyage Prive, we felt that we had a good value deal. I don't know what the usual tariff is, but we will certainly aim to choose this hotel next time we visit Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view, the higher the better. The lifts are very efficient.
2 Thank Robert J
Oxford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in April - 10-15 min walk from the station and as other people have mentioned watch the cyclists esp on Monday morning rush hour (holy christ it was bedlam esp outside the station). Quick check in. 100 euro deposit on credit card against the mini bar etc. Went to mazzanine level bar to use the 20% off voucher but as it was Friday night there were alot of business people and the staff were overwhelmed but the head waiter gave us a couple of free beers once I had a quiet word. We didn't eat at the hotel and previous reviewers warned us about the 17 euro breakfast so we always ate out. Found a great place for breakfast on Sinkel (Greenwoods) for around 10 euros for excellent full english etc. We also ate (twice) at the excellent Binkel an de Werf which is around 10 min walk away towards the Jordan area. Room was very nice but we had a bath rather than a full shower but it was fine. Bed was very comfortable and very big. Some nice bars and markets in Jordan area if you don't want to go all the way into central Amsterdam. All in all a very nice comfortable hotel but perhaps place lacked a bit of ambience so 4 stars out of 5.

Room Tip: we were in 342 and it was fine if you like baths rather than showers
Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is our third visit to Amsterdam but the first time at this quite new hotel. It was first class in every respect. Beautiful location on the waterfront and only 10 minutes walk from station and Amsterdam centre. Very modern and clean rooms, very comfy bed and pillows and we found all the staff helpful. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice; cereal, fruit, ham, cheese etc and a cooked breakfast if you wanted. Tea and coffee in rooms and also a fridge with mini-bar, but the prices were expensive as expected. We booked a standard room and had plenty of room and the bathroom had a large shower cubicle. I could not fault this hotel and will definitely stay again.
Tip: there are some discount cards in reception. We booked a trip to Keukenhof then saw the 20% discount card (oh well, too late now). worth checking them out though. Keukenhof is well worth a visit, April is the best month to go.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better view but some rooms overlook the building opposite. Ask about the vi...
1 Thank L S
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My partner & I stayed at this hotel over the Easter break and I was very impressed by the hotel and especially the staff who couldn't have been more helpful. The room was amazing and the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it in the morning. I liked being out of town, as I found the centre of Amsterdam overwhelming there were some nice shops & restaurants quite close to the hotel with more of a relaxed vibe. My only disappointment was the prices of the food at the hotel restaurant, the food was lovely but the portion sizes were very small. We were given a voucher for 10% off, if we ate at the hotel, but it could only be used on the special chefs menu. I feel that the 10% should be offered over the entire menu, which would encourage more people to eat at the hotel.
I will definitely be recommending this lovely hotel to friends & family and if we ever come back to Amsterdam this is were we will stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is excellent. Lovely staff, great location, stunning rooms with great bathrooms etc. Only issue I had was when I checked out, the receptionist asked me if I had juice from the mini-bar which I said I didn't. She said that was ok, not to worry, but when I returned home I noticed that my card had been charged. It was only a small amount but it left a bad taste in my mouth as she should have been upfront and dealt with it at the desk - not lead me to believe that I was not going to be charged and then charge me after.
Anyway, that said, I would return to this hotel again. It is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RosieRambles
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is the Hotel to stay if you visiting Amsterdam, close to every attraction and restaurant. Transport. 10min walk to Central Station and 15min walk to the City. make sure to program the alarm clock otherwise you sleep through the day Hotel bed is too comfortable. yes! love the bed.
Room size quite big and space excellent.

Room Tip: Room to choose - upper floor rooms