Room Mate Aitana
US$320
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$175
  • Pool
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$261
US$238
Hotels.com
US$365
US$238
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$156
  • Bar/Lounge
3,512 results
All reviewscentral stationbagel placegreat hotelmodern hotelfloor to ceiling windowsminute walkjordaan areacorner roomcity centrejunior suiterain showerstandard roomrooms are largemini barhotel restaurantstayed here for nightsan upgrade
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is beautiful both inside and out. The photographs are a fairly accurate to the real thing. It is about 10minutes walk from Central station, but the roads leading to it are not very accessible due to tight pedestrian paths.

We booked a standard room which was fine. We also took a look at the Junior suite with design which offered a bath tub, shower and iving area. The standard room was a little smaller than what I would have liked but after 3 nights I found it quite cosey. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had a good night's sleep every night. They had a feature on the curtains which allowed little light into the room giving an almost black out feel at night. The bathroom was clean.

The service at the hotel was standard. I do prefer hotels where staff are a little more friendly, but with almost all the rooms booked out, it was understandable.

There are little things which the hotel could have taken into more consideration for example the black plastic holder by the sink which was holding two hand towels and two pieces of soap. Once you open a piece of soap, there is no where to put it. The shower also had to be held by hand with no attachment to the wall. There is not really any space to put the luggage, neither the corridor nor the room was really wide enough. I think it would have been an even bigger problem if we had full sized suitcases. There was also no price list for the minibar. Everyday the housekeeping would take away the sachets of shower gel and shampoo which were not finished, which I didn't think was necessary and not great for the environment.

There are some things I felt they did very well too. The curtain feature mentioned before, an easy to use safe, an iron and ironing board, bike rental, a good selection of TV channels and reliable high speed internet (wifi).

I would definitely stay here again, but I would also consider a hotel which was slighty closer to Dam Square.

Room Tip: Corner room facing the front dock.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Aitana is the perfect hotel, very cleaned and well maintained but most remarkable is the staff, everyone up to management is very kind, helpful and attentive. Check in was smooth and for a small supplement i was offered a room with view which was great.

Restaurant service just average and has to be improved, however i was told it is managed by an external company therefore i will not comment it here.

I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jean P
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I very much agree with the previous reviewer 'a long way to go' except that I think that most of the matters raised are teething problems which often happens with new hotels. It took us 35 minutes to check in, the room was not cleaned until nearly 5 pm on each of our 4 nights there and this was not at all convenient. On the plus side I loved the design of the hotel , the staff were extemely helpful and the room was good ( though a bath would have been nice and though there was a balcony you couldn't get on it). I enjoyed my stay here and was not sorry I chose it though it is a little less central than I had expected.

Room Tip: We had a canal view room which was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Lovely modern hotel. Lovely staff. Nice bagel place right opposite (handy for breakfast). Bit of a walk into town but it was no problem. Lovely shampoo in the room too. I asked the room cleaner if they sold it but she said they don't. Such a shame :-(.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The philosophy of Room Mate Hotels, a relatively new Spanish chain, says their hotels are “not saturated with extras and services that are seldom used.” That’s fine if the price is right, but for an average of about $250 a night for one person, here’s how it affected my two day stay:

Over a 20 minute wait to check in, partly because hotel policy is to answer any questions after guests have checked in, since there is no concierge (“an extra?)

I needed some ice and looked for an ice bucket – none, and called the front desk to be told it is hotel policy not to put ice buckets in the rooms, yet there are ice machines on every other floor… Odd, yes, but not if you see ice buckets as “…seldom used extras…”

I looked for a room service menu; didn’t find one, called and when one was finally brought, I noted this: “dishes and drinks will be served in disposables.” – clearly proper dishes (and room service itself) are seen as another “extra that is seldom used.”

When the TV did not work, I called and was told the maintenance person was not available, but someone would be up to help. 30 minute later, someone showed up. There was indeed something wrong, and the person managed to fix it.

At breakfast the next morning, I noted an egg station, but no one manning it. During my 35 minutes at breakfast, there was no one there to make eggs. And at one point when I went to get a 2nd glass of juice, I came back to find my plate taken away, though I had not finished.

After all this began to mount up I asked to speak to management - not possible - instead I was directed to a junior guest relations person who apologized and said my comments would be “passed on” to management.

This hotel, given the prices paid, could do well to take on some of those extras and services they believe are “seldom used.”

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hypefreetravel
Merijn V, Manager at Room Mate Aitana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear hypefreetravel,

Thank you for giving such a candid and exhaustive review of your stay with us. As I assured you when I spoke to you in person, which was already after your stay unfortunately, I don't feel your experience reflects the experience we want our guests to have. The things you comment on don't necessarily reflect our philosophy, but are more a result of a number of things happening that should not have happened. I would again like to apologize for that.

We welcome all feedback as it can help us improve our product, and I can assure you we are taking your comments to heart. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Amsterdam.

I hope the e-mail I sent you after your departure has found you in good order. If not I cordially invite you to contact me directly on below contact details.

Kindest regards,