“Fantastic Speculaas (Dutch Windmill cookies)”

Bakkerrij Simon Meijssen
Ranked #8 of 30 Bakeries in Amsterdam
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed 19 April 2014

They bake these wonderful cookies only around the Christmas season. I happened in just as a fresh tray of warm speculaas from the oven was brought out. They were my favorite cookies ever.

I also had a few of their breads and cookies, but nothing stands out to me like their speculaas. They have much more flavor than store bought versions

1  Thank mtmichigan

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were staying just round the corner in a hotel where we were charged an exorbitant €36 for two indifferent breakfasts. We found this great little place where we had two delicious ham and cheese croissants, two lemon cakes, a tea and a coffee, for €13. Highly recommended - great for picking up a teatime treat too

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This popular bakery commpany started out in 1910 & today there are currently six Bakkerrij Simon Meijssen in Amsterdam ... on Van Baerlestraat you'll find two within 10 minutes walking distance. This timme I was at their Van Baerlestraat 162 location.

Simon Meijssen bakeries have enticing window displays and heavenly arommas of freshly baked goods. Definately a bakey that the locals are fond of. (I can claim residency since 2010). These bakeries are always busy!!!

There is such a huge variety to select fromm, choosing just one delight is not so easy. I always find the workers very friendly and helpful!!! This visit I stopped in to grab a quick coffee and a delicious filled cookie! I love their baked goods, though I am a little undecided on their cofffee. I'm used to stronger coffee but that could be my Canadian preference there.

Though I have no royal status, as a custommer I highly recommend and five Simon Meijssen mmy hummble approval!!!

isabelydancer00

the same everywhere : our enthusiasm for the product. Make good things , with the best raw materials , which is what we love to do . And that we remain still as do also. " !!!https://maps.google.nl/maps?

2  Thank isabelydancer00
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Lines of people who love their baked goods come here! Near the Museumplein and certainly worth a visit to sample a sweet or savory tasting of Amsterdam! Fantastic sandwiches and lovely service too!

1  Thank pji
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Just around the corner from the Museumplein is a wonderful neighborhood bakery. A great place to stop for a quick breakfast of coffee, fresh orange juice, and a bakery item or 2. Really liked the lemon bread, croissants, and muselix rolls. Wide selection of breads, and open all day. They also had sandwiches for lunchtime.

1  Thank dbinhou7511