“As a student canteen”

Wagamama Max Euweplein
Ranked #667 of 4,181 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 24 March 2014

It would not call Restaurant mensa.The gilded tabernacle but the only difference is that there are waiters. As a student canteen ambiance, quality of food, while the average staff friendly but not kompetent. All in all not recommended.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Visited with my boyfriend while on a city break to amstetdam. The first issue was that he had finished his meal by the time mine arrived - I know this is the format of wagamama restaurants and have visited several others back home in the uk but more than 20mins between his and mine arriving is a bit ridiculous! When my chicken teriyaki eventually arrived the chicken was thigh meat (rather than breast meat) - maybe this is the continental way I'm not sure but this should have been specified on the menu as this is not how this dish is served back home. I couldn't eat the chicken as I don't like dark meat so I moved it to the side and ate the rice and veg. When my plate was cleared the waiter said it was not to my taste? I said no and he apologised and said he would take it off the bill. I appreciated that gesture and the fact that it was done with no issue. If you do go just make sure you specify chicken breast if, like me, that is your preference.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

If you like reasonable, but highly overpriced food in a rumorous, uncosy environment, then you should definately consider going here. Otherwise, head for one of the many truly great Asian restaurants Amsterdam has to offer.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

With so much on offer in Amsterdam this place was a disappointment. The food was not very good and the large empty place made you feel like you were sitting in an empty arena.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I like their concept, food is fresh, good and nutritionally balanced.
Their latest additions are wonderful, and if you are a big group this place is convenient.
Right off the main streets, it overlooks a nice square where there are chess games going on at any hour.

Service is quick but some waiters just seem to think smiling is a bad habit to lose (and they lost it).

1  Thank Egidio69