“The best in Amsterdam”

and 1 more site!
Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We wnt to Amsterdam for three nights and we stayed with David,our host....Then the last day we met Peter.
We were four couples from Buenos Aires,Argentina.My husband Pancho and me were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and it was our first time in Europe.
We had such a fantastic time......We went to many cities and as we were many(8 people) we rented apartments because it was cheaper,but in Amsterdam and Brugges,we decided to go to a nice B and B.,so we chose this great place!! It was SO good!!!!! We had excellent nice rooms,everything perfect,David our host was SO nice,the breakfasts were SO SO good,and hospitality and kindness were fabulous.I really enjoyed it so much,we had a living room next to our bedrooms all for ourselves.,everything was perfect,then we met Peter,he kindly gave me an speculous(dont know if I write it well) because I liked it so much !!!! Then in London,in the airport they confiscated it because I didnt put it in the luggage,I took it with me in my handbag and it was forbidden....so i HAVE to go back to Amsterdam again....and of course to this excellent place ,where you feel at hole all the time...and the cofee.....guau so good....I highly reccomend it to everybody!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
amterdam, Owner at Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Dear Reviewer from Brazil

Our family and staff want to personally thank you for taking the time in writing about your stay at Boogaard's apartment in Amsterdam. We truly appreciate you thoughtfulness in doing so!
Hopefully our you and your friends will return for another visit to our beautiful city and country.

There are newer reviews for Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 18 July 2011

I thought the house-keeping staff were all excellent! Very quiet room, the bed is very confortable. The hotel is very nice. Very good location, close to the city center and to the central station.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank googydavid

Dear Reviewer from England.

I personally want to thank you for taking the time in writing about your stay at Boogaard's.
We truly appreciate you thoughtfulness and I hope on your next visit to us that we can achieve a five star rating from you.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

My husband and I came to stay here for a romantic weekend away. I chose this B&B because of all of the fantastic reviews and we were most definitely not disappointed. Peter was very welcoming and helpful. He was great at advising where to go and places to eat. Breakfast every morning was amazing, one day it was pancakes with loads of different toppings and the next morning was quiches, all delicious. Plus he made lovely pastries and treats, which he left in the kitchen area. This area was really well set up with tea, coffee and drinks in the fridge. The room was also really nice and clean.

No complaints at all! The B&B is excellently located. It is very close to the train station, perfect when arriving from the airport.

We had a great stay, Thanks Peter.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer from London,

We here at Boogaards want to personally thank you for taking the time in writing about your romantic weekend get away in Amsterdam. We truly appreciate your thoughtfulness in doing so and we are extremely happy that you enjoyed yourselves so very much!
Hopefully you will cross the big pond and visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I have never provided review comments concerning any destination or accommodation associated with our vacations. However, my wife and I did spend a few days at a Bed & Breakfast in Amsterdam in mid June 2011 which was a very pleasant experience and well worth advising others about. From June 16th to June 19th we stayed at Boogaard’s B&B located at Langestraat 34, Amsterdam.

Typically, I enjoy planing our trips and usually look for accommodations, which comply with certain important factors and provide at least four significant benefits. First the facility must be located near public transportation as we usually try to utilize the local bus or subway systems. Secondly, my wife and I have different preferences for the firmness of our beds, my preference is for a relatively firm mattress and she prefers a softer less firm mattress. The third factor includes English speaking staff, as we are not multilingual and greatly appreciate being able to easily obtain guidance about local attractions and accommodations for convenient and or inexpensive local travel options. And finally the accommodations need to fit into our budget.

We found Boogard’s satisfactorily met all of these factors. We were easily able to travel from the airport into Amsterdam via bus to a nearby bus station (Marnistraat) and continue on to Boogaard’s via taxi as there were waiting at a rank at the bus station. However, several other hotels or B&Bs would also be so accommodating as the public transportation services in Amsterdam are quite extensive and convenient. When we finally departed Amsterdam, at the end of our stay, we simply walked from Boogaard’s to the nearby Central Rail station roughly 8 blocks (I estimate 2,400 feet) where we took a train directly to the Schiphol airport.

We stayed in the Jack Russell room and fortunately the bed was firm enough to be comfortable for me but the mattress was padded well enough so that it was not uncomfortable for my wife. I will also say that they provide several pillows on the bed and if you are unable to find one that is comfortable you probably would not be satisfied no mater where you stay whether in a B&B or a major hotel.

When we arrived, Peter greeted us at the door. We found he spoke excellent English and was a wealth of information. He provided valuable information about the local attractions as well as the public transit system.

There are other significant amenities that you can read about by other reviewers. I will point out that Peter and his staff are very accomplished at two significant tasks, cooking and cleaning. The accommodations were cleaned and serviced on a daily basis and the breakfasts were excellent. I doubt that you will ever leave the breakfast table unsatisfied. In addition, he provided a laundry service, at no additional charge. And as we had been away from home for more than a week by the time we arrived in Amsterdam our luggage was carrying more dirty clothes than clean. His offer to launder our cloths was greatly appreciated.

Although I have stayed in B&Bs here in the United States during business travel, this was my wife’s first experience of staying at a B&B. My problem now is that my wife will expect all B&Bs we may stay at in the future to be as nice as Boogaard‘s.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank WalkerR_11

Dear Reviewer from Kansas.

We are so glad that you and your wife enjoyed yourselves here at Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast.
I am glad that you made it back safe to your home and I hope that your horses survived your being away! Sir, I personally want to thank you for taking the time in writing about your stay in our home. We truly appreciate you thoughtfulness in doing so and I hope that one day our paths will cross again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 July 2011

It is comforting to stay with a caring host. The accomodations were great and Peter helped make our stay a delight with suggestions and directions to ease visiting the city. .

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2011

My wife and I just completed a two week vacation in Europe. Our last major city of the trip was Amsterdam. I read several reviews before I booked Boogaard's and I had very high expectations. I am happy to report that our stay was everything I had hoped it would be and more. During our vacation we stayed primarily at Bed and Breakfast's throughout Europe and this was our favorite without a doubt. Peter is a fantastic host that genuinely cares about his guests' well-being. He made sure to orient us to all of the important sights of the city. He also offered excellent restaurant recommendations and made reservations. The rooms are beautiful and as stated countless times before, the breakfast's are extraordinary. One previous reviewer who was less than satisfied with his stay makes a point that many of the reviews for this establishment is by first time reviewers. I also fall into this category however, it is important to make a distinction between a first time reviewer and a first time traveler. The main reason I have not reviewed before is because the previous establishments in which I have stayed did not warrant a review. Boogaard's is a special Bed and Breakfast and was the first one I have felt that truly deserves a fantastic review. It is an incredible value in a more expensive European city. Boogaard's will definitely be where I stay the next time I am in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank johnp773
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This is most definitely the best 'home away from home' that I have ever stayed in. Peter's hospitality is exceptional. Think about having your own private bedroom and bathroom - and sharing a sitting room and kitchen with the occupants of only one other bedroom.
Don't forget to eat the treats the establishment puts in your refrigerator every afternoon!

Breakfasts will keep you going all day. Better still you can count on Peter doing double duty at the breakfast table to make sure your day unfolds just as you envisioned or better................advance tickets to museums, reservations for dinner, route maps and suggestions etc.............

My only caveate........if you are extemely allergic to, or fearful of, dogs this may not be the place for you. However, the boys are well behaved.

Vancouver Travel Gal