Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$290
US$303
US$275
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspug roomb bpeter boogaardquiet streetother guestsevery morningsmall kitchenyogurtinternet accessthe location is perfecta wonderful staydam squarecoffee makertrain stationbeautiful roomsteep stairsthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2008

My wife and I just returned to the US after three nights at Boogaard's which we booked based on the reviews on TripAdvisor. We both agree that Boogaard's was by far the best B&B we have ever stayed at and in fact one of our best ever accommodation experiences period!
We stayed in the Pug room which is beautifully decorated with full bathroom facilities and a supply of soaps, shampoos and other bathroom necessities. There is a living room area adjacent to the bedroom which is a very comfortable place to relax and also contains an internet connected laptop and a refrigerator with a supply of drinks as well as some snacks and a machine which makes excellent individual cups of coffee.
Breakfast was outstanding each morning - one morning we had home made Dutch pancakes with a choice of fillings, next day it was Quiche and on the third day we had fresh bagels, cream cheese and lox. In addition to these delicious items there was a full range of yogurts, breads, cheeses, juices and excellent coffee.
Peter was a wonderful host and we enjoyed chatting to him at breakfast and during the day as we came and went. He made us feel like part of his family instead of paying guests! We also enjoyed playing with Pepe and Curly, his two very cute Jack Russell's.
Boogaard's is located on a quiet, safe and picturesque street on the edge of the Jordaan area and an easy 10 minute walk from Centraal Station. Peter's directions were spot on as we arrived by train from Schipol and walked directly to Boogaard's.
This B&B is unbelieveble value, highly recommended and we will not even consider staying anywhere else on our next visit to Amsterdam.

2  Thank dunjo04
Reviewed 25 February 2008

I stayed at Boogaard's B&B on five different occasions in a total of twelve nights.
As I live in London and currently work for De Nederlandse Opera (Dutch National Opera) I was looking for an accommodation near the centre. After reading all the reviews, I knew this place had to be very special. Being Dutch it was great to back in my country and I couldn't have wished for a better place! I enjoyed it so much that I recommended it to the Opera House!
Peter, Thomas and their two most adorable dogs Peppe and Curly are the best hosts you can wish for. It was great to talk to the guys, play with the dogs, listen to music, have a choice of a massive amount of dvd's and the most increadible breakfast, which kept you going until dinner.
The rooms are extremely clean and I loved the little presents I received as, for example Peter knew that I loved stroopwafels (Typical Dutch syrup waffles) and the same evening I found them in my room.
For me it is clear, whenever I have to make a short visit to Amsterdam, I will stay there over and over again. I fully recommend this B&B to anyone. J.C.O London

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank jeanclaudeohms
Reviewed 18 February 2008

We just got back from a great stay in Boogaard B&B. We wish we could've stayed longer!

The B&B itself is in a beautifully restored carriage house and well decorated, super clean, comfortable, and very convenient (5-10 min. from central station and tram stop) and is in a safe area (had no trouble walking alone at night). Jordaan is filled with great restaurants, bars and stores and also quiet and picturesque. The first 3 nights I was alone (from 4th & 5th night my husband joined me) but Peter made sure I felt comfortable and at home. I was treated like a friend, not like a customer. He gave me a map and a tour of B&B, and told me "Just tell me if you need anything." He really means it. He let me use his phone, did the laundry twice during our stay, and when we overslept one morning he prepared a tray with breakfast so we could eat in our room. At breakfast we had different home made food every day. They are all so tasty! We're so stuffed every morning. We also enjoyed conversations with him and other guests at the table. He is so friendly, entertaining and knowledgeable. At the end of our trip unfortunately I got a cold but peter gave me some medication for cough suppression. That made my flight back much easier than it would've been. Thanks Peter!

You can trust all the other good reviews on the site. Can't wait to go back to Boogaard.

3  Thank penguinochan
Reviewed 6 February 2008

We stayed four nights at Boogaard's on a stop over in Amsterdam. We arrived early and stopped by Boogaard's to drop off our luggage before heading out into the city. The property is in a great location; just a few blocks from Centraal Station and within walking distance of every major museum and sight seeing opportunity.

Our host, Peter, prepared a delicious breakfast each morning. Everything was fresh with most everything homemade including the pancakes and apple chutney. We enjoyed our conversations with Peter and accepted his advice on visiting Delft for a day trip. We had a friend come to Amsterdam for a visit and Peter was very gracious allowing her to join us for breakfast.

As we were on our way to Tanzania for a safari, Peter offered to do laundry for us since we would be gone for such a long time. He also allowed us to leave a bag of souvenirs with him until we could retrieve them on our return home.

We stayed in the Pug room and really enjoyed the accommodations. We had our own private bath and Peter has a collection of 700+ DVDs that he made available to us, which was great for something to do while adjusting to the time difference at 3AM. There is a seating area outside our room with a stocked refrigerator and coffee machine. We used it to entertain our guest. Also, tasty fresh muffins were always available.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nothinggreen
Reviewed 4 February 2008

Well where does one begin? We stayed for 3 wonderful nights and wished we'd stayed longer. The B&B is located in a quiet street but within walking distance to central Amsterdam. Its a beautifully restored old town house and Peter and Thomasz have turned it into a piece of heaven that would out-do many 5* hotels, and they are right to be proud of the results!
There were numerous drinks to be found in the fridge, fancy cakes and biscuits to be had whenever you liked, internet access and plenty of DVD's to watch whilst snuggled up in the most softly comfortable bed!
And I havent even mentioned Peter's homemade breakfasts - dutch pancakes; quiche; bagels; smoked salmon; bread n butter pudding; there was more.....
It was so nice putting the world to rights over breakfast (and playing with cute little Curly!)
Peter was such a gracious, generous host. Nothing was too much trouble and we shall be returning to the best place I've ever stayed in (& that includes some luxury hotels in London let me tell you!)
Long may the success continue! Now, where's my diary, I need to make a reservation!.........)

2  Thank Kikky