“Wish I could write a proper review!”

Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 December 2005

I was very excited after reading descriptions and reviews of Boogaard's and was really looking forward to staying there. Unfortunately they botched up the reservation process and now I am left with no reservations anywhere and frankly pretty upset - I had already made reservations with a different hotel but after I'd read so many glowing reviews of Boogaard's and saw on their website that they had availability (confirmed by writing to owner) I decided to reserve at Boogaard's instead and cancel the other. After receiving an e-mail from the owner confirming availability I followed his instructions and sent my cc info via their website to reserve. I received a confirmation screen and assuming that everything was ok, I went ahead and cancelled the other reservation. Then five days later, I started to have an uneasy feeling since I had received no e-mail confirmation, which is standard, so I wrote to him again to confirm that everything was ok. He wrote back and said that he had been out of town, not communicated to his assistant about my reservation, and basically the room had been given away to somebody else. I'm pretty ticked off because now there are no rooms left at the other place and I can't get back that original reservation. At this point I will be forced to pay a lot more for a lot less. Not a very professional way to run a business.

• Stayed: January 2005