“Words alone cannot express the beauty of the Boogaard's experience.”

Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 338 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 November 2009

My husband and I are avid travelers who are always in search of the perfect vacation experience. After spending a week at Boogaard's, I can safely say we have reached travel enlightenment. It would take me pages to list all the details that combined to make this the most delightful and relaxing vacation we have ever experienced. Peter is the definition of "the host with the most." Amazing chef, fabulous taste, painstaking attention to detail, great conversations around the breakfast table....I could go on and on. I should probably mention that I'm a picky individual with major OCD. Boogaard's blew me away on so many levels, and we're already planning our return in the very near future. Best place to stay EVER...in the most charming and wonderful city EVER. Hands down. Oh yeah, I don't know the secret behind the amazing bed, but I could only describe sleeping as having little angels massaging me whilst floating on a cloud. Perfection. We cried when we left.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chicchihuahua

Reviewed 7 November 2009

We just spent three nights in Amsterdam at this B&B. It's in a great location - 10 minute walk to the dam or the train station. The accomodations are great. There are four rooms and each two rooms share a sitting room & kitchentte space. Comfortably furnished bedrooms and great bathrooms. We had just come off a nine day river cruise. The owner Peter had our laundry done for us at no cost. There was a laptop for our use in the sitting room. Beer, pop and juice in the fridge. All the fixings for coffee and tea. Fabulous breakfast, fresh baked treats in the sitting room in the afternoons and to top it all off a wonderful, charming and super obliging host. We can't say enough good about this B&B. We would go back in a heartbeat.
B & C, Ottawa, Canada Nov. 7, 2009

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BandCOttawa_Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We like staying in B&B's and have stayed in many. Boogaard's is the best by far. Great location in Amsterdam, very comfortable accommodations and a wonderful host. Peter is a charming and gracious host. Sitting around his breakfast table in the morning is a great way to start your day in Amsterdam. I had a cold while there so was not able to eat everything I wanted to so will have to go back and really dig in.

Peter, Tomas, Susan and the dogs Pepe and Curly make you feel at home the moment you arrive. Loved having the sitting room to relax, make a cup of tea/coffee and enjoy Peter's famous cakes. Really enjoyed sitting up late one night talking with Peter. Will absolutely come back here again. Amsterdam needs more than the 3 days we spent there so another visit to Boogaard's is in order.

1  Thank lkp17
Reviewed 31 October 2009

arriving at the Boogaards very tired on a Friday afternoon, I received a very warm welcome from Peter. There was homemade cake and a coffee machine so I helped myself and had a nap. Peter had pointed out a nearby veggie restaurant and when my husband arrived a bit later we made our way down there. The room was lovely, really comfortable and having the sitting room there too was really good. We have enormous communal breakfasts around a large table with other couples, Peter topping up drinks and chatting throughout.
Amsterdam's a great city and the B&B is in one of the nicer areas too, in a proper old house, tastefully restored. Highly recommended.

1  Thank puperino
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Boogaard's is a lovely B&B in convenient walking distance to all the things you might want to do and see in Amsterdam. My husband and I arrived at Amsterdam's Centraal Station by train and were very easily able to find Boogaard's location with Peter's very specific directions. Upon arrival, it was discovered that there was a slight mix-up with our reservations and as Peter was out of town, Susan was able to rescue my severely jetlagged husband and I by securing us one of her lovely apartment rentals nearby. We were nervous that this was an ominous start to our trip, but we were quickly proven wrong the next morning when we returned to Boogaard's for breakfast. The meal was delicious and we were able to meet our host Peter and get our reservation situation all straightened out.

After a long day of touring the wonderful city of Amsterdam, we returned to Boogaard's only to be greeted by fresh baked cakes, coffee, and an assortment of other treats. The layout of the rooms is really nice with the bedrooms/bathrooms being private and the sititng room being nice and cozy in the middle. We appreciated the use of the laptop while we were there too. Also, my husband and I were interested in trying Rijsttafel while in Amsterdam and Peter was nice enough to make us reservations at Sampurna, which we highly enjoyed.

All in all, despite our intial mix-up, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Boogaard's and appreciated the expedient way in which the situation was addressed. We would highly recommend this location to anyone that is looking for somewhere special to stay in Amsterdam.

2  Thank Sarahbean108
Reviewed 24 October 2009

We stayed in "Boogaards B and B" in September 2009 and highly recommend Boogaards if you want to stay in central Amsterdam. Peter Boogaard is the most gracious of hosts and is exceedingly helpful for any concern. Peter serves up a breakfast that will keep you going most or all of the day such that you won't need a full lunch that is for certain. For dinner he can recommend and reserve restaurants for any type of food and of the 4 dinners we had in Amsterdam he did not steer us wrong at all. For Indonesian food he booked us into Sampurna right at the flower market and if you like Indonesian this is a good as it gets. Boogaards is a 10 to 15 minute walk from the Amsterdam Central train station in the heart of Amsterdam. You can walk anywhere from here and we did everyday.
Boogaards has only 3 rooms, 1 on the second floor and 2 on the third floor all with private baths. The breakfast room is on the ground floor. By North American standards the stairs are steeper than normal so you have to be good with walking stairs as there is no elevator. If staying in central Amsterdam is your plan you will not be disappointed with Peter Boogaard's B and B.

Jim and Juliane
Calgary Alberta Canada

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimmycalgary
Reviewed 15 October 2009

This is absolutely one of the best Bed & Breakfasts we've experienced. Peter certainly knew how to look after his guests. Very friendly atmosphere, clean, comfortable, secure and delicious breakfasts and baking that will keep you going for the rest of the day. We loved it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business