“No Hallucination”

and 1 more site!
Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2007

Sure we hit a bunch of coffee shops, but don’t think THAT swayed our opinion. Boogaard’s B&B is what you’re seeking (unless you crave skimpy breakfasts, lumpy mattresses and cranky hosts). Save your valuable time sifting through all these glowing reviews and book now. While you’re researching, somebody else is snagging your room!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Topdoggy
There are newer reviews for Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 22 May 2007

Staying at Boogaard's was the highlight of our stay in Amsterdam. Don't get me wrong, the sights and everything else about Amsterdam were great, but knowing where we were coming home to made the many rainy days during our stay bearable.

The rooms are as described and depicted in the many photos on their site--simply great. It felt like we were staying with friends thanks to the warm welcome, sincere desire to make sure our stay was nothing short of great, and Pepe (Peter's wonderful Jack Russel).

As everyone else has already stated, the breakfasts are by far the best you'll have anywhere - B&B, Hotel, or home! Peter lays out a fantastic spread that's made with perfect timing so everything is hot and delicious.

Having cake waiting for us after a long day of sightseeing was a very nice touch. They also had this really great coffee maker, which I'm trying to find here in the US.

I know we'll be back in Amsterdam sometime in the next couple of years, and we'd stay with Peter again with no hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hhyamamo
Reviewed 20 May 2007

I stayed at Boogaard's (pronounced like Humphrey "Bogart") for 6 nights in April/May 2007. I had selected it due to the rave reviews here on TripAdvisor and they all proved to be true.

Firstly, it's worth mentioning that Boogaard's & Sophia's is moving mid-year to an even better location, in a totally remodelled building designed specifically for B&B. This will give larger rooms, bathrooms and lounges but the same fantastic service. Therefore, I'll talk mostly about the features that will remain the same after the move.

The success of Boogaard's is due to Peter Boogaard, the Dutch-American owner and host. The quality is a sign of his personal standards... everything is immaculately clean, there are knick-knacks everywhere, it has a very 'homely' feel and the service is truly personal.

Some examples: I was going out on a bike trip, so Peter gave me some snack bars to throw in my bag. When I asked for the location of a laundry he said that Housekeeping will do it for free, and it appeared that afternoon neatly folded on my bed! I wanted to stay in touch with my family, so Peter provided a laptop with Internet connection.

I was fortunate to stay for six nights because I managed to sample the complete range of Peter's breakfasts... (1) Meats, cheeses & bread rolls, (2) Dutch pancakes with bacon, fruit, yoghurt & stroop, (3) quiche, (4) Bagels & smoked salmon. Plus, there's always cereals, spreads and, if you're lucky, his ultra-great Bread & Butter Pudding. (See pictures)

Not only is the accommodation price quite reasonable for Amsterdam, you get a free breakfast AND you're so full you don't have to buy lunch!! And if you're peckish in the evenings, there's some self-serve cake and drinks always available.

Peter gave great travel advice such as where to visit on certain days and the best transport options. I found that he was always right, too!

For example, I stayed during Queen's Day (30 April) -- the one day of the year when the whole of Amsterdam dresses up in orange, drinks heavily and basically goes crazy. Against Peter's advice, I rode my bike to nearby Vondel Park hoping for a pleasant ride, only to find such a crowd celebrating Queen's Day that I was lucky to walk my bike, let alone ride. I listened to him next time!

If you're planning on visiting the Aalsmeer Flower Auctions, the early morning bus leaves from nearby Boogaard's and you might be lucky enough to get back in time for a late breakfast!

Bottom line... As soon as you know you're visiting Amsterdam, book at Boogaard's because it fills up fast!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
5  Thank Fermax
Reviewed 8 May 2007

I stayed at Boogaard's in April of this year. The location was excellent and onsight management was great. Peter was a gracious host. The morning greeting from Pepe the Jack Russell Terrier was a bonus. The room was decorated with care and I would recommend this business to anyone traveling to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo
6  Thank TexasBigbird
Reviewed 1 May 2007

My husband and I just returned from 3 wonderful days in Amsterdam(04/25/07-04/28/07. We stayed with Peter in his bed and breakfast. He was so gracious and even upon arriving helped us with too much luggage. He shared information about the neighborhood and local restaurants. We decided to try the three he recommended and it was a nice experience to see the "locals". The food was excellent.. We stayed in the Boxer room and it was so comfortable. We had the self service kitchen stocked with all the necessary items for a nice breakfast and lunch, too! We enjoyed wine each evening on the upstairs terrace. Nothing was forgotten in putting together a comfy home away from home. The terry robes were a treat. The washer and dryer was a welcome sight for we had just spent 10 days on a canal trip. Peter made sure that we were enjoying ourselves. He overheard me say how much I enjoyed bread pudding which he had made for breakfast that day. Because we had our own breakfast, I didn't get any bread pudding. The night before we left, there was a knock on the door and it was Peter delivering a plate of bread pudding. You can't be any more considerate and go the extra mile than that! In several weeks Peter is relocating his B & B. I look forward to returning to Amsterdam and seeing Peter's new venture. I would absolutely 100% recommend Boogards. Did I get that all right, Peter? Thanks so much. Cheryl and Jeff
New London, NH USA

Stayed: April 2007
7  Thank grammygram
Reviewed 21 April 2007

We stayed at Boogaard's from April 16-19, 2007. From the comfortable rooms, to the wonderful homemade breakfasts with the host Peter, the experience at Boogaard's was absolutely fantastic. Peter (the owner/host) is a superb host and extremely helpful with any needs you may have. The entire facility is kept immaculately clean and the location is in a pefect location; easily accessible to the sites and all the action but not at the expense of a quiet neighbourhood and atmosphere if you need some "down time" to relax.

Quite simply, if you are in Amsterdam you should stay here. The cost is very reasonable and you will have absolutely NOTHING to worry about which is every traveller's dream.

Stayed: April 2007
7  Thank Jamman_D
Reviewed 20 April 2007

If you are going to Amsterdam and looking for a B & B look no further. Best Breakfast I've ever had at any B & B. Just don't eat too much for dinner the night before. Peter is awesome, makes you feel like part of his family--really. Rooms very clean great location next time I go to AMS this is where I will stay. Thanks Peter!

7  Thank scottpmoffett