“Double-Check Your Reservation”

Ranked #142 of 227 Speciality Lodging in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Double-Check Your Reservation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We were really looking foward to our stay here, however a week before our arrival I emailed to check our reservation and was informed that we were not booked to stay here at all. Unfortunately our reservation was 'lost' even after I provided all my details, including a credit card to secure the booking a month in advance.

We were offered the option to stay at a 'friends' B&B, however after such a dissapointment we opted to book somewhere else with an instaneous confirmation. Pays to always double-check your reservations.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank GeriNZ
PhilDutchHouseboat, Owner at PhilDutch Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
My PhilDutch Houseboat is perfect for your vacation, you can check the different videos in the internet to see the exact details of my PhilDutch Houseboat Bed and Breakfast. I suggest that you have to go directly to my own website to avoid any problem. Some of the booking agencies are not officially connected with us. Any double booking or cancellations can be happen even in a 5 star Hotels. Again E-mail me directly or visit my phildutch website to avoid any problem in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed here with a friend for a few days in October. It was pretty easy to get to and from the train station by using the trams. Just get off as soon as you see the heineken brewery and walk down the road across the canal from the brewery and its a few minutes walk.

We has the larger half of the houseboat which had 2 twin beds, a kitchen area with a table where you can sit and wave at the tour boats going by on the canal. There is also an outside terrace that was nice to sit out on and feed the ducks. There is a shared large washroom but no one was in the other smaller side of the houseboat so we didnt have to share.

Everything was great during our stay and the owner was very pleasant and gave us a map and highlighted areas of interest for us which was greatly appreciated! We would definitely stay here again and for hopefully longer next time!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Canuckser
Taguig, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2011

The owner Efren is the epitome of the renowned Flipino hospitality. Upon arrival, without us asking, he immediately volunteered to be our photographer, posing us outside his very interesting houseboat and taking our photos with our cam and his. Turned out he made a short video clip of our photos and sent it to us thru email to commemorate our stay with him. He was very helpful with the sights to see and provided a free map and other brochures. His pushing us to visit Keukenhof which opens just a few wks in a yr is A+!

His houseboat is centrally located close to many sights. Public transport is just a few steps away, very very convenient. We especially enjoyed this once in a lifetime experience to stay in a houseboat. He even provided us bread to feed the ducks that would visit outside our window, we especially enjoyed this.

We stayed in a smaller room sharing a huuuuuge hotel-like bathroom with the renter of the bigger room. We were able to have a peek in the big room and it's equipped with a kitchen and a balcony to enjoy the sun, water and ducks. The only unusual thing we noticed was the somewhat louder-than-usual noise of the water being flushed away whenever someone uses the toilet, this is probably normal if your house is perched on top of the water. This didn't dampen our stay at all and we give Phildutch 5 stars for it's price, experience and hospitality!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

Efren did a great job making sure we felt at home in his houseboat. He offered us a discount and we paid 100 Euros cash for our night. We got a full kitchen, very nice bathroom, computer access plus wifi for our phones. Feeding the swans was so fun! Efran provided us with a whole loaf to feed them. Great location too!

con: the bed wasn't very comfortable. It was a thin mattress and a bit too hard.

Otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

I had a wonderful stay in this houseboat. The rooms are cozy and the toilet's very clean. I mostly enjoyed feeding the swans from outside the window each morning. Its location is situated near most of the tourist spots which is very convenient. From the moment I arrived Amsterdam until my last day, Efren, my host, delivered quality service. He not only suggested places to see but offered to take me there, and took most photos of myself. Amsterdam is a very nice place and staying in this houseboat made my trip more memorable. I'd definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Mei_Muscat
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

I have just returned from Amsterdam where I spent 2 nights on this houseboat with my boyfriend. We said we would leave a review on here because we had such a lovely experience. The houseboat is so warm and comforting, like a floating home from home! Our room was tastefully furnished and well equipped. The boat is in a great location, a 15 minute stroll from Dam square and right opposite the Heineken museum. Tram stops are really easy to find here too and you can get to any part of the city this way with no problem. It was great being able to feed the ducks through our bedroom window and wave to other tourists as they passed by on their canal cruises :) If you're looking for something slightly different to your usual city centre hotel, this is perfect. We hope to come back soon as we both loved Amsterdam, and will be staying here again when we do.
Nikki and Andy

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ntnoodle
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband and I spent 6 nights on Efren's boat, we had the whole boat to ourselves and it was wonderful.

This boat has everything you can think of, my favorite is the bathtub with a window out to the canal and the kitchen. We cooked most nights with the wonderful fish and goodies found at Albert Cyup Market just over the canal. Along with the Albert Hein grocery you have everything within in walking distance of the boat.

It is a fabulous location just a few tram stops to central Amsterdam, but since we have been to Amsterdam many times we chose to stay in the De PIjp neighborhood and we found it had absolutely everything we wanted and found it a bit cheaper as well.

I would not hesitate to recommend this houseboat to friends or family. There have been some negative reviews recently on this site but we found that Efren is a wonderful host and if you look at the percentage of satisfied customers in comparison to the negative its not an issue.

We will be back for sure!!! Thanks Efren!!!

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple