“Would get 5 but...”

Ranked #102 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
Stockholm, Sweden
“Would get 5 but...”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

when I came down the second morning and walked up to the reception to ask for some soy milk I got some REALLY BAD attitude from the male staff.
I don´t have any soy milk was the answer I got...
But when I said that the day before a girl in the reception helped me, he just kept on going with his BAD attitude and keeps on repeating ; I DON`T HAVE ANY SOYMILK!!!!!
Walked away with sadness..... This is not what you want to experience first thing in the morning....
Luckily the kitchen staff was really nice and helped me with a smile :) Big thank you!!!!!
It is 2014 and every 10 person is vegan today, So this should not be a problem...

Apart from this, it was one of the best hotels I stayed in Amsterdam!!!
Nice and clean and just 15min to the central station. But recommend you to get of the train at Niewmarkt and walk from there instead. Damrak is just to touristic ;)

The beds are great, and it´s quiet at night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEX_ArenaTowers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear prettylittletravel,

Thank you for your time writing this review and thank you for your kind words! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, even though we had some issues finding the soy milk. Please rest assure that we shared your comments and now all of us are aware that we do have soy milk and where to find it. It would be nice if you could visit us against to check us out! Again thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Collingswood, NJ
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The room was small, but very clean and nicely furnished. The breakfast was good and plentiful. It's far away from the city center, but if you have reason to be out that way, it's a good place to stay. It's also priced reasonably.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a great deal of difference among rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEX_ArenaTowers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Beth B,

Thanks for taking your time to share your experiences at the Holiday In Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers. My team and I are happy to see you had such a nice time whilst staying with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Xanthi, Greece
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed in Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam Arena Towers for a couple of nights this July, and we really enjoyed the spacious rooms provided. They were much bigger than the rooms from other Holiday Inn Express hotels across Europe. Also notice that the hotel is a part of a brand new building complex. Although it's a far away from central Amsterdam, you can reach the city's centre in a few minutes by metro (metro stops about 800m far from the hotel). Breakfast was better than average 3 star hotel's one. Everyone there was really helpful an prompt. We strongly recoment that hotel for anyone who is looking for a not central hotel. Note also that is biside Amsterdam Arena, where AJAX plays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
HIEX_ArenaTowers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Antonis P,

Thank you for your kind words! Much appreciated especially by such an experienced traveler as yourself. The hotel has indeed recently been opened, just two months ago we welcomed our first guest. Great to read that you enjoyed our Continental Breakfast. Hope to welcome you back to our hotel, here in Amsterdam.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Overall this hotel is excellent value for money - it is roughly 45 minutes from the centre of Amsterdam travelling by metro- When we experienced the 'hordes' of tourists in Amsterdam we were absolutely delighted by the location of the hotel - the surrounding area was quiet with some very good restaurants nearby.
The Hotel staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Breakfast excellent - good variety of cereals, meats, fresh bread and croissants etc.
But - OH my goodness - WHO DESIGNED the furnishings in the bedrooms??!! There are absolutely no drawers and no shelving or storage space for underwear etc and very little hanging space for clothes..
Overall however, I would recommend this hotel for business, weekends or short stays in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Buy a daily "run about" travel ticket at the station as these cover trains, metro, trams a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear stronach01,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and tripadvisor.com to share the experiences you had during you recent. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Continental Breakfast. As recommended by you most of our guests are indeed business travelers and guest visiting for weekends or short stays.

Espoo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I did not really feel welcome in the Holiday Inn Arena Towers when I visited them last month. I entered the receptions downstairs and the guy behind the desk first let me wait for him answering few calls before shooing me away to the Express hotel's reception "behind the corner".
I guess I first checked the real Holiday Inn and then accidentally booked to room from Express hotel side. I thought I had the access to the gym and I even brought my gym gear with my, but alas such a treat is not available in the Express side of the aisle. And neither is the breakfast what I thought it would be. It is basically only bread and butter. That's according to the Holiday Inn Express brand. Heck, to me the whole concept is utter failure: Holiday Inn is just one of the roadside strip mall motel brands with or without the Express in the name and having rude service does nor really help. To me it is all the same. And adding the cherry on the top: naturally I could not be awarded the IHG rewards points as I was stupid enough to book through booking.com. Paid dearly for two rooms and probably the same price that the Holiday Inn sans Express would have cost me, did not have the access to gym, not having a proper breakfast (Ever visited a hostel? Then you know what sort of breakfast it was) and not even granted the points from the stay. I do not know about you, but I have had it for the whole Holiday Inn with or without Express for a while. Well, have to say rooms were nice and if you plan to visit the Arena, that is practically next door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank seppo h
HIEX_ArenaTowers, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Seppo h,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you left Amsterdam with this impression of your hotel. Service and quality are the two keywords when it comes to the way we are being perceived by our guests.

I understand that you are disappointed that you could not use the gym of the connecting Holiday Inn. As Holiday Inn Express is a hotel offering select service a gym not included in the services offered. Please come by the reception during a next stay as we have some maps available offering routes to run in the direct surroundings of the hotel or we can show you how to get to a nearby gym.

We appreciate you being a IHG Rewards Club member and would like to thank you once more for your loyalty. Unfortunately we do not offer any points over bookings made through booking.com. Booking direct through igh.com promises to get you the best rate available on top of earning points.

Please feel free to contact me via info.amsea@hiex.nl should your require any assistance with future bookings or additional information.

Jill Bos
Front Office
zesite
Reviewed 29 June 2014

There is a real lake of information on the web site that made me unhappy.
This is about "late" checkout that I was supposed to get: checkout was only extented from noon to 2pm, which is not what I call late checkout (6pm is a late checkout).
The other bas surprise was about city taxes: that was not clear that we would have to pay 5% extra at hte end of the stay. 5% here for service, 5% here for taxes, late checkout that is not late..

What I did not like neither:
- the curtain that leaves the light waking you early in the morning,
- no more soap in the shower (soap machine was removed),
- the low quality of the products for the breakfast
- the price (too hich for such an hotel) and the extra taxes

What I liked:
- clean and modern room

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HIEX_ArenaTowers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear zesite,

First of all thanks for the review. I am sorry to read that the information provided through internet did not match your expectations.

Last night I have checked a few sites(e.g. booking.com, ihg.com and expedia.com) representing our hotel and all state that checkout is at noon. Upon availability it always is my pleasure offer our guests a late check-out free of charge. These same sides all mention the City Tax, a tax that we are obliged by law to charge over every night stayed in Amsterdam. As we have only opened recently it is very well possible that we overlooked some websites like the one checked by you. I would be grateful if you could let me know which side provided you with this information, you may contact me via info.amsea@hiex.nl.

I would like to apologize for the non-closing curtain as well as the missing soap. Please rest assure that this issues have been addressed and rectified. Holiday Inn Express offers FREE continental breakfast to all of its guests and the items provided are all carefully selected and served across the Dutch estate. I am sorry to read that the breakfast did not meet your expectations.

Thanks again for the feedback, allowing us both to grow and improve and I do look forward to hearing from you regarding your booking channel.

Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – Arena Towers
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a very nice stay at this hotel in June 2014. You can get there by fast Train from Schiphol Airport for just 4 Euros one way it takes 15 minutes from airport to hotel and there are just few stops!

Holiday Inn Express seems to be brand new which is good. Hotel is in walking distance /approx. 5minutes walk/ from metro and train station called Biljmer Arena. It is fantastic that city center can be reached by metro in 15 minutes. Also congress center RAI is very close by metro.

Room was nice and very clean with daily houskeeping service of course. There was an aircondition and it is unable to open the window. Also if you are planning to stay longer and you take more clothes with you, there are only few shelves and no wardrobe inside the room.

Breakfast was served at the restaurant on 2nd floor. The variety was quite poor but ok for 3-star hotel. Quality of food was ok including some vegetables, orange juice and coffee.

Service at the front desk was awesome!

Very good value considering that it is 3 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MariannMa
Dear MariannMa,

First of all: Thanks for the nice words towards our team, they were very excited to read about your enthusiasm.

Holiday Inn Express as all about “Everything you need and nothing you do not need” we like to keep things Smart Simple & Spot on. This means that rooms are built rather efficiently with a great walk-in shower and nice beds. Our continental breakfast is served for FREE as is the WiFi.

We look forward to having you back!

Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – Arena Towers