“Maybe the best hotel I EVER stayed in. Amazing.”
Review of misc eatdrinksleep

misc eatdrinksleep
Ranked #8 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Maybe the best hotel I EVER stayed in. Amazing.”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Well, my trip to Amsterdam wouldn't be so perfect if I wasn't at MISC hotel.

LOCATION = Just the best you can get. You can go walking to any place of Amsterdam (Centrum, Rembrandplein, Waterloo, Leidsplein, Joordan, Dam Square, Red Light, etc). But with a plus: its street is a beautiful canal street and very silently. So you have a peaceful place in the heart of Amsterdam. And to be honest, it was the most beautiful canal I found in Amsterdam. I reached the hotel came walking from Central Station in 15 minutes.

STAFF = Again, just what you would dream of. Rachel and Pepijn (the owners) are very very kind, they talk with you about everything, give you precious tips, are available to help you anytime and with anything. And I cannot mention also the super Gabriel, who did all of our breakfast, carry lug ages, etc. Without this guy Misc wouldn't be the same neither.

ROOMS = I got a room facing the Canal as I asked, in the floor I asked (1st floor) I thought it could be a little noisy but I was wrong, everything you can hear is the beautiful bells of the South Church (our protector in this trip :) ) . The beds are really nice and big, the room designs and creativity are awesome and you have EVERYTHING a 5 star hotel would offer you, from an iron, till speedy wi-fi, very spacious safe, etc. Plus a Nespresso Machine with Chocolate and 3 kinds of Coffee and a Mini Bar with free beverages, beers, chocolates, candies, snacks, etc.

SHOWER = I need to make a specific topic about this. Why? Because it was the BEST shower I ever took in my life!!!!! I am dreaming with it again, seriously. I am intending to buy something like that to my house. It was just wonderful and with products by RITUALS, which I knew there and been to their store and bought almost everything from them! What a shower!!!!!

BREAKFAST = You can expect to have a great hot or cold chocolate, black coffee, different breads kinds, 3 or 4 kinds of cheese, 2 kinds of jelly, orange juice, eggs, etc....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GuiMilani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on our honeymoon travels and wish we stayed longer! The hospitality was great, the rooms are each appointed differently with their own themes, and the location could not be better! And Kitkat is there to greet you, just like at home. We found the Dutch are such friendly people and at the hotel it was no exception. The breakfast was pretty darn good to. We will deffinately be back!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Alvayk9
Ulsteinvik, Norway
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

I guess we din not Know what to expect, but we where surprised in a different way when we arrived. Our suitcase was carried up 3 steep floors, and I felt a little sorry for the man (owner) tatt did it. The room was big, a lovley bed and ok bath and wc. We did have sone sleepingproblems, since our room was facing the street/chanal. A lot of shouting, partying and music at 3,4,5 at night. Next time we Will Ask for a room facing the garden.
The service was Nice and the breakfast was personal, since Therese made what ever we wanted. The time we where there it was 30*C and very hot. The have no aircondision, so we had to have the windows open, so therefor all the noice.
It was great to have a shuttle service, to pic us up and Get us to the AirPort

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RigmorAK
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 May 2012

A big thank you to Tripadvisor reviewers who pointed me in the direction of this outstanding Hotel.
I have been here for 2 days now and on a 5 week trip around Europe, this has been by far the most outstanding service I have received.
Warmly greeted after arriving late, my (extremely heavy) case carried up 2 flights of stairs to my room for me. Every detail of the room explained thoroughly, the expresso machine, tv and wifi.
The mini bar (beer, chocolates, soft drinks, chips, biscuits etc) is free, thats right, FREE.
On walking back down stairs, I was handed a map of the city and all the sites that need to be seen pointed carefully out and marked down for me.
I am in th Rembrandt room and the size of the bed is insane. It is HUGE and also very comfy.
Breakfast in the morning 9 - 12 and earlier if requested, is superb. Fresh breads, cheeses, meats and eggs cooked to your liking with bacon if you wish.
The shower is powerful and has either a rain shower or hand held shower head, hot water is plentiful
The wifi is strong and reliable and also free.
Each time you come in you are met with a pleasant smile and asked if everything is ok.
Just stay here folks, I promise you won't regret it !!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Scott G
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Not too far a walk from central station, even with luggage. After check in, they gave recommendations and reservation for a great dinner, and we walked the neighborhood. Early breakfast request was no problem, and full, made-to-order breakfast waited at 7:00. They arranged cab to airport, and took care of every need. The rooms were unique, and comfortable. I would highly recommend this, unless you're looking for big, American style chain restaraunt. Misc eatdrinsleep is the opposite of a Sheraton, but in the best ways.

Room Tip: The higher floors are a little quieter. Canal side, while pretty, is a little noisier than the gard...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank gringoviajero
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed at this neat little hotel the first week of May. It was everything I thought it would be after reading other reviews. I had a courtyard view room and it was quiet, didn't hear a sound actually. The room was larger than I thought it would be. I was surprised that the small refrigerator in the room was so well stocked with beer, water, soft drinks and chocolate bars. All was complimentary, and was restocked daily. The room also had a single serve coffee maker, and the coffee was actually enjoyable. Great location, just a short walk to Dam Square, the Central train/bus/canal taxi area, coffee houses, and the red light district. A complimentary breakfast was served each morning consisting of orange or apple juice, coffees, expresso, lattes, cappichino, or regular coffee. Choice of cold cereals, artisan breads, and warm croisant, or all of them. Whatever you wanted. Upon request you could have a freshley cooked egg, and bacon. Proprietors Rachel and Pepjin were always at the ready and helpful with directions, recommendations for travel options and restaurants. I will stay at this hotel again when I visit Amsterdam in the future. Thanks to Rachel, Pipjin, chief cook and bottle washer Gabriel, and guard cat Kit Kat for making my too short stay an enjoyable one. Hope to see you all again soon.

Rick Blasco
San Antonio, Texas

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rick B
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Great location. Its within 10 min to centraal train station and they will give you very detailed and easy to follow instructions on how to get there by car, train or on foot. They arranged a car service pick up for us at the airport and everything was excellent.
We stayed in room number 6 on the third floor. Ill post a pic of it here. The ONLY con would be the stairs. The steep, circular and narrow stairs ARE a problem. Staff will take your luggage up and down, but watch out for that if you're not in perfect shape – The room itself is very nice, with a lot of light coming from the two large windows.
They bought our tickets to the keukenhoff and gave us every piece of info about trains, trams or whatever it was we wanted to know. I strongly advise buying tickets on line to the main attractions(Ann Frank, Van Gogh etc) cuz the lines are HUGE and it will save u a lot of time. The hotel will kindly do that for you.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends