I initially chose this hotel based on its location, reviews, and price. This was my first trip to Amsterdam so I wanted to stay near the hustle and bustle of the city without being overwhelmed. Misc really fit the bill. It’s located on a bustling canal with a number of great restaurants and bars just up the block. The red light district and a number of tourist attractions are a quick stroll away, and to move farther afield there is a metro station across the canal. We couldn’t have asked for a better place to start our travels through the city.
The hotel itself was fantastic. We stayed in the baroque room at the top of the house. It was much larger than we expected and the bathroom was huge. Both were clean and in great condition, the room also comes equipped with a mini fridge filled with interesting snacks and a variety of drinks which was nice to find. I do a bit of travelling in the US for work and did not have high hopes for the mini bar, but I’m happy to say I was pleasantly surprised to find nice chocolates, juices, along with soda, wine, chips and beer. The room had a few large, beautiful windows that we could open. Since we happened to be there on an especially warm weekend in early May we made good use of them. We slept with them open most nights and had no problems with noise (not that I expected any but I read someone had been complaining about this earlier and wanted to note that we were there on a beautiful spring weekend and did not have any problems with it… honestly we didn’t hear much at all from the street.)
We spent time interacting with both Rachel & Pepjin (the innkeepers) during our stay. Rachel is extremely friendly and was really helpful in planning out some of our wanderings / excursions throughout the city. I notice that some folks thought that Pepjin was a bit gruff but we found him to be open and approachable. He did the majority of the cooking while we were there and the breakfasts were great, everything was fresh and delicious - bread & coffee, had-squeezed juices, along with a variety of yogurts, fruits, eggs, cheeses, and meats… there was plenty for just about any palate.
My wife and I really enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately a long weekend wasn’t quite enough time to see everything we wanted but both agreed that Misc would be at the top of our list of hotels when we return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam