We spent a week here over New Year. The first 2 nights were in a garden-view room, which was a little cramped for our liking, with awkward bedside lamps and those annoying bedcovers. However, fortune had it that we were then transferred - for a totally different reason - to the canal-view room opposite. Suddenly the extra 4 sq.m. made an enormous difference, not to mention the view and other comforts we lacked in the first room. This also changed our mind completely about the hotel!
As for hosts Rachel & Pepijn, nothing is too much for them: from carrying bags up the steep stairs and making a mean breakfast coffee to offering helpful tips on sightseeing activities and even printing out our boarding passes for the flight home!
The hotel is rather pricier than our usual choices, but this is Amsterdam and the option of a 17th-century canal house in an unbeatable central location made it worthwhile. Free wifi is available (and works properly!), as are coffee-makers and free refreshments in the rooms.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to others. Everything was perfect - well, maybe not the weather, but that's no fault of the hotel's! (Perhaps an apron at the breakfast bar would lend a more professional touch,.. if I may be so bold as to suggest anything.)
Thanks for a wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam