Amsterdam was the last stop on our European trip and my wife left it up to me to find a hotel. After some simple searches I was intrigued by the description of this location and by the overwhelmingly positive reviews.So I booked for 2 nights. As soon as I made the reservation I started receiving information from the hotel about how to get there, things to do and just overall helpful information. We arrived by train last Tuesday morning and found the hotel on foot with no problem. Since check in was at 2 and here we were at 9:30 AM Pepijn asked if we had any plans. Ana (my wife) was wanting to see the Van Gogh Museum and Voila! 2 tickets to the museum and detailed directions to the location were in our hands in 5 minutes. The museum was great and we arrived back at the hotel at 3 PM. Bags are in our canal-view room and Rachel took us up to the room and filled our heads with all the information we needed to enjoy the amenities of the room...mini-bar (free), Espresso machine which made killer coffee, how to use the AC if needed. You could just see the delight in her eyes when talking about her hotel. The room was way more than I expected with a huge bed, comfy bedding and pillows and a great view of the canal. We settled in and when dinner time arrived we walked just a couple of hundred meters to an Argentinian Steak House which I do believe had the best lamb chops I have ever eaten. We had asked Rachel about a canal cruise and she called me in the room shortly thereafter and said we could go that day but we were tired and made arrangements for a 2 hour cruise the following day. Breakfast on Wednesday morning was great. Bacon, eggs, croissants, bread, cheese, all types of spreads and jellies. It was great and Gabriel, the cook, was fast and efficient. After a day of shopping we returned for our cruise and Pepijn told me that since we would be leaving too early on Thursday to enjoy breakfast he has a couple of things we could take on the cruise. Champagne, still water, sparkling water and cookies. He didn't have to to that but I could tell he wanted to make sure we had a good time. Well French champagne and 2 hours on the canals was a great way to end our stay. Loved this hotel and I hope we can return one day in the not too distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam