“Even my wife thought I made a great selection!”
Review of misc eatdrinksleep

misc eatdrinksleep
Ranked #8 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Amsterdam was the last stop on our European trip and my wife left it up to me to find a hotel. After some simple searches I was intrigued by the description of this location and by the overwhelmingly positive reviews.So I booked for 2 nights. As soon as I made the reservation I started receiving information from the hotel about how to get there, things to do and just overall helpful information. We arrived by train last Tuesday morning and found the hotel on foot with no problem. Since check in was at 2 and here we were at 9:30 AM Pepijn asked if we had any plans. Ana (my wife) was wanting to see the Van Gogh Museum and Voila! 2 tickets to the museum and detailed directions to the location were in our hands in 5 minutes. The museum was great and we arrived back at the hotel at 3 PM. Bags are in our canal-view room and Rachel took us up to the room and filled our heads with all the information we needed to enjoy the amenities of the room...mini-bar (free), Espresso machine which made killer coffee, how to use the AC if needed. You could just see the delight in her eyes when talking about her hotel. The room was way more than I expected with a huge bed, comfy bedding and pillows and a great view of the canal. We settled in and when dinner time arrived we walked just a couple of hundred meters to an Argentinian Steak House which I do believe had the best lamb chops I have ever eaten. We had asked Rachel about a canal cruise and she called me in the room shortly thereafter and said we could go that day but we were tired and made arrangements for a 2 hour cruise the following day. Breakfast on Wednesday morning was great. Bacon, eggs, croissants, bread, cheese, all types of spreads and jellies. It was great and Gabriel, the cook, was fast and efficient. After a day of shopping we returned for our cruise and Pepijn told me that since we would be leaving too early on Thursday to enjoy breakfast he has a couple of things we could take on the cruise. Champagne, still water, sparkling water and cookies. He didn't have to to that but I could tell he wanted to make sure we had a good time. Well French champagne and 2 hours on the canals was a great way to end our stay. Loved this hotel and I hope we can return one day in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Misceatsleepdrink was a great base for our trip to Amsterdam, our first floor canal view room was spacious, clean and comfy. The owners and other staff were friendly and very helpful offering really useful advice on how to make the most of our visit. The hotel was close to the station, just a 10 minute easy walk, and was near to a lively market square. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed in this bed and breakfast for 2 nights and wish my wife and I would've booked more time here in Amsterdam!!! The bed and breakfast has the perfect location for visiting Amsterdam. It is within walking distance to the Amsterdam Centraal train station so it is very easy to get to when arriving in the city. The two proprietors are very friendly and were excited to hep us navigate Amsterdam and point us in the direction of all the worthwhile attractions. The rooms were perfect, romantic, and very stylish. We stayed in room 6 on the top floor and were very pleased with all of the accommodations. Rachel kept our fridge stocked with beer, cokes, and apple juice! She even had chilled champagne and chocolates for us upon arrival! A hot breakfast was prepared every morning, and you could order what ever you liked. The hotel is located very near a central square and right on a canal, one of the evenings my wife and I sat at one of the bars on the square and people watched for over an hour. We will definitely be returning to this hotel any time we go to Amsterdam. We loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our second trip to Amsterdam, and we stayed at Misc last time. Pepjin and Rachel run a very professional and comfortable thotel...and this time we stayed in two apartments they manage just north of the square. We liked both the hotel and the apartments, but this time traveling with friends it was nice to have a living room to hang out. Best of all, we have a great place to stay with really trustworthy people, it just makes our trips easy and relaxed, just like the city.

Stay at Misc first, it's just a great hotel, and Pepjin and Rachel are really great helping you get to the places you want, and on your next visits try the apts, but not the weeks we want...

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank couponladynewyork
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The hotel was absolutely amazing. We walked there with our suitcases from the train station, a short fifteen or so minutes through the streets. The rooms are decorated by theme but not overwhelmingly so--just a few nice details to make the room cohesive and beautiful. We stayed in the Afrika room (facing the canal) and the Primavera room (view of gardens and other buildings), both were wonderful. Beds were extremely comfortable, even the rollaway cot (each room sleeps two, but we had five people and two rooms). There were always free snacks available (chips, chocolates, sodas, beer) and breakfast was served each day, made just for you by the pleasant owners, and was delicious every time. Overall our stay was quite enjoyable and we loved the city!

Room Tip: The rooms nearest to the canal have a beautiful view, but the rooms in the back are quieter and more...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rtcj96
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We came for a weekend and booked via the web. 2 days before our departure we received automatically valuable information via e-mail about how to get there from the airport. Greeted by a warm welcome we got the room on the second floor looking out to the garden. It has large windows and was absolutely quiet at night. The Nespresso machine, sweets, a welcome Prosecco and the fresh flower bouquet made the room even more friendly. The breakfast is good, especially the Cappucino and the owner couple is absolutely charming and always helpful with tips. Yes, you need to take time to experience all that, but we were not interested in any speedy most efficient experience. It is the charm and atmosphere that makes this a special place. We liked it very much!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have just returned from a TEN-DAY stay at misc eatdrinksleep. The hotel was wonderful in every way and truly made my time in Amsterdam a great experience. It is an easy 10 minute walk from the train station. My room (the “Primavera” at the back on the second floor) was beautiful and very well appointed, with an up-to-date bathroom and luxurious towels. A chilled bottle of Spanish “champagne” and chocolates awaited my arrival. There were always fresh flowers on my table, which had two soft chairs for relaxing. I especially enjoyed the small refrigerator (stocked daily with complimentary soft drinks, juice, and beer) and the Keurig-style coffee machine which I used every day when I awoke. The bed was big and comfortable, with high quality pillows and comforter. Each day the breakfast was made “to order” and never failed to satisfy. The Wi-Fi was absolutely reliable and a shelf of travel books was available. Since I was traveling alone, I especially appreciated the gracious assistance of my hosts, Rachel and Pepijn, in advice about museums, restaurants, and transportation. They could not have been more helpful. I have recommended this hotel to all my friends and hope to return myself someday.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quieter, which might be a consideration on weekends.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo