Aalborg Hotel Amsterdam
US$147
US$411
US$388
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$242
NH Hotels
US$280
US$240
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$91
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$94
Agoda.com
US$263
US$248
  • Restaurant
All reviewsde pijpsmoking areastay there againcentral stationheineken experiencefamily roomdam squareby foottramcentrecafesbike
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Aalborg Hotel is in the Old South area of Amsterdam, one stop on the rail line from Schipol, and is a 15 minute walk from the museum area, and on the route of the No. 3 tram, so reasonably well situated. The room I had was small (smaller than a room in a student hall of residence), but I expected this because my booking form did state "small single". So no surprises there. However, the toilet in the bathroom was so close to the wall that I had to sit sideways, not the worst thing that I've ever had to do. But the washbasin had a shelf above it which projected out so far that it was impossible to wash one's face. I solved that problem by removing the shelf. The shower worked well. The bed was comfortable, and I wasn't troubled by traffic noise (even though my room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the main road, and I am a light sleeper). My room was very clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. There is a charge for paying by credit card (I think 4%, but not sure). I paid 130 euros for two nights stay. I didn't use the restaurant for breakfast so cannot comment on that. By the way, if you are arriving at Schipol airport, be warned that Dutch ticket machines, for the rail ticket, only accept Dutch credit cards, so no use trying anything else. This means that you need to have euros for either the ticket machines, or to buy your ticket from the ticket office on the concourse.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank aferensis
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We absolutely loved it! The rooms are very small but really confortable.
The design of the hotel is great and the staff are great and helpfull.
Good value for money and nice location. You can get in the center by bus.
We recomend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

When we go on a trip to an exhibition the choice is either a few people in an expensive hotel or more people in a cheaper one. The ISE exhibition in Amsterdam is one that everyone wants to go to and so we had up to seven in our group for some nights. We saw a decent cross-section of what the Aalborg had to offer. First the good points: the location is great for the RAI - an 8 / 10 euro taxi ride; the ambience is really relaxed - the staff let us eat takeaway pizzas in the hotel dining room; and the staff were consistently charming. The common parts of the hotel have an arty / hippy flavour that suited our team. As to the rooms, aside from the triple room the 'small doubles' really are small - something that wouldn't matter except the person responsible for the interior design is obviously stronger with the paint chart than the tape measure. My bathroom door wouldn't open fully because it hit the bed. Only one drawer in my room would open because the other one was behind the wardrobe. Overall, the quirks in the Hotel Aalborg were the subject of quite a few jokes and the consensus was that the oddities were outweighed by the advantages of location and friendlessness.

Room Tip: Book room 17 if you want space but choose a room at the back of the hotel if you want quiet - trams pass by the front on the hotel and start early.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Just stayed in this hotel whilst attending the ISE trade Show at the RAI. Room is comfortable though a little small. Upon arriving late at night I was pleased to see the hotel bar was 24 hour.

Bed was comfy and warm, shower always had hot water, bathroom was very much on the small side however.

TV did not work in my room which I was not bothered about at all, but without even complaining the hotel manager bought me some drinks at the hotel bar and offered me a free breakfast. Absolutely delighted with this level of service, will be visiting again!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 22 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com