Our company employees have been staying at the Lloyd every September since it opened (we were there when they were still setting up and got to see the designer in action putting in the final touches).
We love the place because it keeps on surprising us, the staff are nice and the restaurant downstairs is very pleasant and open at all hours.
But unfortunately in the last two years the prices have become a little too high during the IBC trade show period.
A few tips if you are thinking of staying here:
1. If you are not on your own or with a very close and loving partner ask for a room where the bathroom an toilet are sectioned off (in many rooms the toilet and shower a simply smack bang in the room just like any other stick of furniture).
2. Try to avoid the rooms where you walk in straight to the bathroom (we had to make up codes for 'don't come in I'm on the toilet, showering etc.' and the floor was always wet and messy...).
3. The rooms on the 6th floor are the funkiest but if you are tall you may want to avoid them because they are in the rafters.
4. It is worth paying the extra fee for reserving exactly the room you want because some of the rooms can be a surprise you would rather avoid.
5. If the hotel isn't fully booked we have always been able to shop around for a room that suited us best.
6. It is located on the outskirts but this new area is very cool and there are many nice places to hang out (check out the Odessa boat restaurant just on the bank in front of the main entrance, they are not always open and reservations are needed phone: +31204193010). Anyway with a bike or the tram you are in the center of Amsterdam within a few minutes so this shouldn't put you off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy in Amsterdam is the first one-to-five star design hotel in the world. Created as a home for travellers of all stripes, we believe in sharing cultural luggage - yours and ours. Located in a transformed historic building with 117 rooms, the Lloyd Hotel is an icon of Dutch design. More than 50 designers and artists are involved in the hotel. Our Cultural Embassy presents ongoing exhibitions, talks and events every month, available to all guests. Lloyd Hotel and Cultural Embassy is located 900 metres from Pakhuis de Zwijger. Bimhuis concert hall is a 15-minute walk away. Guests benefit from a terrace, an excellent restaurant and free WiFi. Coffee and tea making facilities are available to guests throughout the hotel. The Cultural Embassy of Lloyd Hotel is present throughout the building. Cultural events are hosted and mezzanine platforms are used for exhibitions, meetings and events. The Lloyd has a variety of meeting room facilities and a library for smaller groups. The restaurant focuses on carefully sourced local ingredients and serves a range of sandwiches, light meals and an extensive breakfast buffet. There is also a shop selling delicatessen-style foods and designer gifts. Guests who wish to explore Amsterdam by bicycle can rent one from reception. The Rietlandpark tram stop is 200 metres away and offers services to Amsterdam Central Station within 10 minutes. Anne Frank House and Dam are both within a 10-minute walk from the Station. Leidseplein and the Jordaan district can be reached by taking tram 10. Muziekgebouw aan 't IJ is 1.5 kilometres away. The Lloyd Hotel's neighbourhood is a great choice for travellers interested in city walks, architecture and cycling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lloyd Hotel Amsterdam