“much better than sending postcards”

Postcard Experience
Ranked #33 of 110 Fun & Games in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Next event: Christmas Cards at the Museumplein 18-28 december 2015! The Postcard Experience is a very cool event-based attraction for individuals, couples, families and groups. You are recorded (individual or together) in front of a green screen while you receive instructions on how and when to act. We replace the green with special effects and put you in an animated of a city, a country or a specific location. This postcard can be immediately shared with friends and family on social media. Postcard Experience creates the best souvenirs, starring yourself!
amsterdam
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“much better than sending postcards”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

While we were on a tour through the Netherlands we came across this great shop where you are filmed in front of a green screen. You have to react to intructions and sound and afterwards the Postcard experience replaces the greenscreen in a rollercoaster ride through amsterdam (or the Netherlands, they have several different movies)
I got a really cool windmill shaped USB stick with the movie and a link so I could post it on FB or send it to my family at home.

Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This interactive experience is really cool because you are filmed in a studio, in front of a green wall while receiving acting directions. The greenscreen is then replaced by a variety of special effects so it looks like you are in a rollercoaster ride through Amsterdam. It's a short experience but definitely a funny one!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Megan_Sadler_UK
Panama City, Panama
“Really original souvenir!”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We were in Amsterdam for a few days as part of our Europe trip. We've seen many things, but this short experience stands out for sure. We were filmed in front of a green wall and had to act on given instructions. Then we were edited in a cool and funny animation of Amsterdam and the final films (we ended up making 3 different ones!) we shared pn Facebook with friends and family. Our son of 5 years old really enjoyed it too. Much nicer than a 'classic' postcard!

Visited February 2014
Amsterdam
“Actor of your own postcard!!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

While in Ams, I discovered this awesome new business in town! The whole concept is just amazing, and totally innovative! I was basically actor in my own postcard! It felt like a movie set, as my frame was filmed with a green wall on the background. After that step, the technicians of the company mounted on top of my silhouette a computer created reality, with the Amsterdam theme. The graphics were amazing, and u can see me riding through Amsterdam! I sent the postcard to all of my friends and relative, and everyone was just amazed! Its definitely a must try!!

Visited January 2014