“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Van Gogh Suites

Van Gogh Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Van Gogh Suites
Ranked #155 of 226 Speciality Lodging in Amsterdam
North Attleboro, MA
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed in Van Gogh Suite V 2e Lieliedwarrstraat in April/May. The location was absolutely perfect. The unit was well stocked and has a fantastic layout. I would definitely recommend this to place to anyone. The street was nice and quiet, yet close to everything we wanted to do. The only thing that I would suggest to the owner is to have a manual in English detailing how to use the washer/dryer (the dryer didnt work and we even had our friend who is dutch read the manual)and also what to do with the trash (when and where to leave it outside). Other than that, I would absolutely stay at Van Gogh Suites again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank weepinwillow

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Over 11 months before visiting Amsterdam, we rented Van Gosh Suites #1 for 5/14-5/19/2014. The owner contacted me the week before our arrival, asking if I would switch apartments because there were some older people who didn't think they could navigate the stairs of Van Gogh Suites #5, which they'd rented from this owner. I said 'absolutely not'. First of all, I spent a couple months researching places to stay. I chose this one because of its size, location to an event we were attending, and its amenities. When the owner picked us up at the airport, he told me he had switched us anyway. I couldn't believe it!! Never in all my years of renting hotels, B&Bs, and properties through VRBO has anything like this happened. I had no option and was very upset: the owner assured me I would 'be very happy' with the apt he switched us to. I was far from happy about it. The Apt #5 was extremely noisy, I didn't get much sleep the entire stay. Plus there was construction going on RIGHT OUTSIDE the ONE window in the bedroom - so the blinds had to be closed the entire time. Across the street there was a loud party one night that went on very late. Next door someone was working (pounding, sawing, drilling) until midnight during 2 nights of our stay. Non-stop noise, and that was with earplugs. There was a problem with the lock, it took us 5 minutes to lock the door every time we left the apartment. We still had to pay the same amount to stay at Apt 5, even though the apt was HALF the size of the one I originally rented. I would NEVER rent from Richard Rieske again. The people we spent time with who live in Amsterdam couldn't believe what he had done. Where are the ethics? Morals? Although I filed a complaint through VRBO, the owner has never responded. I looked at the prices when I got home on the 2 properties. The apartment #5 was over $100 LESS per night than the apt #1 I booked and paid for. The owner scammed us, and refuses to answer any e-mails from me, Home Away, or VRBO.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank ant0725

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels