“Great hotel - outside the city.” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Dutch Design Hotel Artemis
Ranked #121 of 361 Hotels in Amsterdam
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel - outside the city.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotle March 2012 for 3 nights. We upgraded our room to a superior double and were not disapointed. Overall the hotel was great, the staff were friendly, the hotel was very clean and the lay out is fantastic. We had the usual amenites in our room a trouser press kettle tv ect. and the food in the hotel was top class.The bus stop is just behind the hotel ( number 45 ) a 2 minutes away, but it does not go to the city centre. The tram is about 15 minutes away a good walk but easy to find. We realy enjoyed our stay in Amsterdam and will go back, there`s lots to see and do for all types of groups. There are all types of museum`s and parks.The city centre is full of shops bars and coffee shops. All in all a great stay.

Room Tip: We got our weekend away on done deal and were able to upgrade our room and get the breakfast cheep...
1 Thank Telfish1969

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Perthshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed here from Saturday till Tuesday & had a lovely stay, nice rooms, great size & clean. We had a very early flight from U.K on Saturday morn which meant we arrived at hotel at 9.30am, we knew they would store our luggage but they actually upgraded us & the friends we were with & checked us in which was fab!! Helpful staff, 10 min walk to bus or tram stop, the reception staff helped us with the purchase of a 72 hour ticket which can be used for all the trams,buses & metro which was so handy, cost 16 euro s per person , great choice for breakfast, so you can fuel up for a long day in the town, would stay again. Down at customers toilets they had ace seats I would luv them for my house lol. Hotel taxi back to Airport 25 euro s cost us more coming from Airport using just normal taxi, if you are going book Hotel taxi to do your airport pick up you wont get better value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Wick, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were toursits and stayed there for one night. After we were identified as tourists, a receptionist expressed his disappointment about the length of we were going to stay there. Then nightmare was coming and it was till the day after we checked out.

Firstly, the receptionist said we needed to pay 50 euro by card as deposit. Forgive me here, I had never been in Holland before and didn't know this. Then I asked why and if I can pay by cash because the bank might charge me if I spent money by card aboard. He was unhappy with my questions and said the reason why I needed to pay is simply because you may run away without pay. Trust me, he was not joking, not smile. He was very serious. By that time, my wife and I can strongly feel we were not welcomed because we were small tourists in his eye.

Secondly, we had put our request saying a double bed prefered before we came. Then we just ask if we could get that because we found we were put in a room with two single bed. Then we phoned reception and the same receptionist answered without any check,any hestiage saying NO! I saw your request on our system, but it doesn't mean we need to meet them! How bad the manner was! we were so shocked! But not finished yet.

Thirdly, between 9pm-1.30am, we experienced a power-cut in that hotel. All lights and electircal equipments were off in the room. Then at 12pm I went down to the reception to ask if there was an emergency light or a torch I can borrow so I can put them in bath room to get shower because I needed to get up early in next morning. Another receptionist said he will check for me with good smile, which is very nice of him. However, the receptionist, it's him again, standed out and said to me NO!there is nothing I can give you!NO! Again, without any check and any hestiage. Then I asked so what you can do to help me? He asked do you come for the blabla group(a business group)? I said no. Then he said if you were a member of that group, you don't need to worry about your bill, we won't charge you. But you are not, so I can do NOTHING for you!

These three things really annoyed us. I never had this kind of experiences before. All I said here is nothing but the fact.

So, if you a business man or going there for conference. It's perfect place to stay. On the other hand, if you are going there as a tourist or just for fun. Suggested to consider. Certainly, some people might be lucky not meet THAT receptionist. I will never go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank grant5218
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Just came back from a short break in Amsterdam, which was amazing! Stayed for 2 nights in this hotel and really liked it. The design is amazing, staff was very friendly and helpful and our room was clean, quite big and fitted with a kettle and tea and coffee (we found it quite handy after a long day in the city). The only thing I didn't quite like was the mattress as It was too soft for my liking but apart from that everything was great. The hotel is about 20 mins on the tram no 2 (can get it at the central station and it's non stop to the Louwesweg stop), we found it very convenient as we got to see the outskirts of central Amsterdam and it runs until after midnight so it worked for us. From the tram stop to the hotel is about 10 mins walk through a residential area and a children's park, perfectly fine and safe. We really enjoyed overall and hope to go back again:)

1 Thank SofiaAP
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Shame about the 10 min tram journey & 10 min walk to this fabulous hotel, however, if it was in the city centr it'd be ten times the price. We quite enjoyed the little adventure to find it and once we did we weren't disappointed!! The rooms were really stylish, beautiful clean bathroom (no bath though). The hotel staff were very polite and friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our night here. As transport in Amsterdam is so reliable with buses, trams and nighbuses the location wasn't a problem to us and gave opportunity to see the 'real' Amsterdam. Loved it!

• Stayed March 2012
Milano
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The hotel is 30 euros of taxi away from the airport, and another 30 to go in town. Rooms ok although bathroom is very small. Gym equipped with only few equipments, see puctures. No towels in the gym. Breakfast ok but extra. Wifi is free of charge.

• Stayed March 2012
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I was treated to this trip for my 40th Birthday & enjoyed every minute. Everyone from the Airport Staff to the local's were friendly. Best to by a 24/48/72 hour travel card from the Airport. Never been before but found the Hotel really easy on Public Transport (No 69 bus from outside the Airport then ask the driver to drop you off at the No2 tram stop) As for people complainng on here of the long walk from the tram to the Hotel it is rubbish. On the night we were dropped of we did walk the long way round but it took no more than 10 minutes but there is a cut through as you pass the bus stop at the back of the Hotel & it took at the most 7 minutes. The journey into the centre of town took the maximum of 25 minutes. Hotel was lovely & comfortable & as for the breakfast there was so much to chose from & we only paid £15 each extra for 3 days of breakfast from our Travel Agent. The only down fall is that if you wish to go shopping alot of them do not open until 1.00am but I think that's because it's such a laid back country. Can't wait to go again & would use this Hotel again. Don't be put off by the bad comments.

Room Tip: Pay the extra £15 for a superea room.
3 Thank Julie D