“Lovely, but not the best location for tourists.”

Dutch Design Hotel Artemis
Ranked #110 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, with a reception area, bar and restaurant all filled with art and quirky furniture. The room was clean, with everything we needed, but was nothing special. The bathroom door was glass, had no lock and had a huge gap all the way round, very odd and not very private - my friend and I thought it was funny but it could present a problem for shy people!! We had breakfast at the hotel - a very good Hot/cold buffet with plenty of choice.
The location of the hotel is perfect for the business traveller as it is in the business district. There are no local amenities for tourists and it is about 20 minutes to the city centre by tram. However, the area feels very safe, even at night, the trams are frequent and the tram stop is a 5/10 minute walk from the hotel.
I would certainly consider staying here again, but it's a shame it's not closer to the city centre.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank janmay512

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed for a weekend recently and found it quite pleasant. It’s modern and had some nice design features in our room. I liked the artwork on display too. We didn’t go down to breakfast (which was included), but the dining room looked fine and staff in the adjoining bar area were friendly. This was out first time in Amsterdam (we will go back – lovely place), so it’s a bit hard to make comparisons. For us, the pillows were over-stuffed and very uncomfortable. My wife thought the room could use a good clean. For me, it was too warm (despite the reverse a/c), but in fairness every place we visited seemed to have the heating up very high! It is certainly convenient to the Airport (€25 by taxi) and only a short walk to the nearest tram stop (Line 2). I think next time we will look for a character hotel a bit closer to a canal or view.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank always-the-tourist
Reviewed 9 February 2014

From outside this hotel looks great. The interior is very chique, Just like the boutique hotels. I won this stay via hotelkamerveiling.nl and I had the highest bid. Check-in was OK. After I went to the room I sensed a strange smell in the room. The shower didn't work and the trash bin in the shower still had trash from the previous guests. I reported this to the front desk and they gave me another room. When I was in the room I heard someone opening the door, first I thought it was the housekeeping to assist me with the shower, but instead it was another guest. The front desk sorted everything out and I give them a big thumbs up for handling problems.Overall I had a great stay. The bus stop is behind the hotel, so that is a plus. And on the main road the stop to schiphol.

Room Tip: Always choose a higher room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Leandro987
Reviewed 2 February 2014

After reading trip advisor reviews on this hotel I was very nervous about going, but as soon as we arrived this disappeared. This is a fantaastic hotel, the staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms are very nice, with very comfortable beds, the breakfast is really good and the hotel generally has a very good quirky design.

In regards to the location the tram is a 5 minute walk away and to get to the cenral squares taks about 15 minutes, which isnt bad at all. It is located within a very quiet business area, so you are guaranteed a good nights sleep.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay in Amsterdam.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JodieA30
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We have been to Amsterdam a few times as we LOVE it there.... We are so pleased that we decided to book the Artemis, the location of the hotel was great, the staff were so helpful, Room was a normal spacious standard room and breakfast catered for all needs (i'm a fussy eater)!!!
We actually didn't want to come home!

This time we decided that we wanted to stay outside of Amsterdam centre in a quiet location, this was the best decision as it was so easy to get into the Centre of the city at any time of the day.

Already looking at dates for us to come back!!! :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank xGemzYx
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in January with my partner. I have to say I was very impressed. We were greeted by the hotel staff and made to feel very welcome from the outset. Our room was ideal for what we needed, beds were very comfy - just what you need after a day walking around the city!

Ok so the hotel may not be in the city centre but this does not matter its only 20 or so minutes away, the trams run every 10 mins and they are cheap! In fact getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city at the end of the night is actually quite nice.

I paid £260pp for 3nights (including flights) and I have to say it was one of the best city breaks I have done- for the same money I have previously stayed in some aweful hotels in the centre. I would rather have a nice clean, tidy and comfortable hotel and grab a tram!

Its the first time I have been on a City Breack and not felt like I need another break to get over it!

This hotel will not dissapoint!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Meats1980
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in December. The hotel rooms our modern, spacious and comfortable, perfect for relaxing in after being out all day. We found 3 days to be just the right amount of time, we checked out Museums, went shopping, went on the canal tour and enjoyed long walks around the city. There is so much to see you won't run out of things to do. Hotel is a short tram ride from town but worth it due to the standard of the rooms.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple