Stayed here with my partner and four friends for a long weekend in Amsterdam. We decided to stay here rather than a large hotel, we weren't in anyway disappointed.
The hotel is literally less than five minutes from Central Station. Started off with Wimmo welcoming us into his private part of the house, he sat down with us and gave us all coffee, he asked where we wanted to g & highlighted every where on a large map for us, and also pointed out some of his recommendations. Told us if we needed anything to go to him, gave us his private numbers in case of an emergency. Wimmo made every effort to accomodate us, we arrived early (around 9am) and although our bedrooms weren't ready at the time, Wimmo still found a place for us to keep our bags safe whilst we went off exploring. If you're worried about the cat don't worry - he's very very friendly! You're given a set of keys to all parts of the house, so there's no worry if you want to roll in at 4am! (we didn't we were very well behaved).
Everyone said their bed was comfortable, as was ours, I found my pillow a little too soft, but I like a very firm pillow - and Wimmo did say when checking in if we didn't like anything, or needed different pillows or towels etc just to let him know, I didn't ask, so it's my own fault!
We and another couple stayed in a patio room which were well appointed, and we recieved breakfast in bed (orange juice, coffee, cereal, yoghurt, omlette, toast, butter, jam). Another couple with us stayed in the Buddha room, their room was excellent really pretty inside, they didn't get breakfast in bed, but had to help themselves to breakfast in the upstairs kitchen, we had a sneaky look in the fridge one morning it was stacked with cut meats, cheese, fruit, milk etc, then there were lots of cereals, and a Nespresso coffee machine, I can't recommend the Nespresso machine enough, I'm a big fan.
Overall I'd recommend anyone to stay here. We're usually a couple that would stay in a bigger, much more expensive hotel (with work I usually stay in the Sofitel or somewhere similar), but we really enjoyed the personal touch provided by Wimmo & Godwin & think we'll be back.
All in all we found the B&B was very well located - the only thing we bothered getting a tram to was the Bols Experience, everything else we were happy walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award Winning Bed & Breakfast, with tropical decorated rooms in the Heart of Amsterdam, less than 5 minute leisurely walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Many tourist attractions are literally just around the corner. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site, thus the best location to explore the city and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your B&B Barangay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Barangay Hotel Amsterdam
- Bed And Breakfast Barangay