“Warm Welcome”
Review of B&B Barangay

B&B Barangay
Ranked #6 of 340 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed here in early December 2013 for 3 days/nights with my 14 year old teenage daughter. Though the weather outside was cold and chilly, our reception at B & B Barangay was the complete opposite! We were welcomed into the private floor and offered tea/coffee etc. before we had barely taken 5 steps into the building. Whilst talking with Edson who had greeted us at the door over coffee and getting directions to various sights and facilities we wanted to get to, Wimmo popped his head in the door to welcome us and took our bags down to our patio room before we'd realised it had happened. We were even handed an emergency card with 4 different numbers to call should we find ourselves in trouble with missing keys etc. The room we stayed it was cosy, and charming and it was a bonus to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room. We were able to watch T.V. as we relaxed at night after full days of sightseeing, as there were several stations that catered to other languages other than Dutch speakers. Breakfast was simply amazing - we felt completely spoiled and pampered - and we could see the amount of effort and genuine love that these guys have in welcoming guests to their facilities and ensuring that they feel very much welcomed. When I needed to print my boarding passes for an ongoing flight, I was told to just send the file to their email address and they'd print them out for me. This was done promptly and helped me to feel at ease that this was another situation taken care of. When the wifi connection wasn't working properly, we were given password access to 2 other access points and this helped resolved the situation. Being close to the Centraal train station was also a bonus for us. Without hesitation, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Merete E

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed here after our river cruise for two nights. Our hosts and their staff were magnificent. They assisted us in every way poissible including carrying and storing our luggage, breakfast in bed and offering sightseeing advice. The stairs are typical for a dutch B & B ( narrow and windey.) If stairs are a problem they do have another property nearby. Just ask!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Herbert F
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Top b&b great location great hosts.we got upgraded and enjoyed our stay so much.recommended to anyone that wants to go to Amsterdam.close to central station.free drinks great breakfast.free maps and guides

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed here in November 2013 for four nights before heading to Brussels to join a pre-cruise group and it was perfect! The personal attention of Wimmo and Godwin when I arrived was very much appreciated. I had just flown in from LAX and was happy to have such a great welcome. My patio room downstairs was great and the stairs were no problem. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the delicious breakfast was always brought to my room at 9 am, right on time.

The location was fantastic and it was easy to walk everywhere! I chose the B&B because of it's location close to Centraal Station and I couldn't have been more pleased in the choice. In spite of it's closeness to a main street, my room was incredibly quiet and I slept very well. The many personal touches from Wimmo and Godwin, great location, comfortable bed and yummy breakfast (scrambled eggs Indonesian style!) made this the perfect place to enjoy my time in Amsterdam. I also loved the character of the B&B over staying in a neural corporate style hotel. Great value for the money, too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tickleddpink
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Amsterdam is our favorite city in Europe, and now Barangay is our favorite B&B in Amsterdam. Enjoyed the make-your-own breakfast in the well-stocked kitchen, good internet service, our clean room with large bath, and the charming hospitality of the innkeepers. Pack light when you come here (or any of the smaller hotels in Amsterdam), as there are a lot of narrow winding stairways that make larger bags a huge problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I couldn't have found a better place. Great friendly host, from the moment we arrived we knew we were going to like it. We had booked the upper Suite, which was roomy and beautiful. Then we went to ground level Suite. " We LOVED it!. Sorry we missed you when we checked out. We will definitely be back. We came from the USA to see our friends get married in Amsterdam. A wonderful trip as well as comfortable stay. Thank you again.
Matt & Steve New Orleans, Louisiana Dec3 dec7 2013

Room Tip: you need space, you got it!