I stayed here in early December 2013 for 3 days/nights with my 14 year old teenage daughter. Though the weather outside was cold and chilly, our reception at B & B Barangay was the complete opposite! We were welcomed into the private floor and offered tea/coffee etc. before we had barely taken 5 steps into the building. Whilst talking with Edson who had greeted us at the door over coffee and getting directions to various sights and facilities we wanted to get to, Wimmo popped his head in the door to welcome us and took our bags down to our patio room before we'd realised it had happened. We were even handed an emergency card with 4 different numbers to call should we find ourselves in trouble with missing keys etc. The room we stayed it was cosy, and charming and it was a bonus to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room. We were able to watch T.V. as we relaxed at night after full days of sightseeing, as there were several stations that catered to other languages other than Dutch speakers. Breakfast was simply amazing - we felt completely spoiled and pampered - and we could see the amount of effort and genuine love that these guys have in welcoming guests to their facilities and ensuring that they feel very much welcomed. When I needed to print my boarding passes for an ongoing flight, I was told to just send the file to their email address and they'd print them out for me. This was done promptly and helped me to feel at ease that this was another situation taken care of. When the wifi connection wasn't working properly, we were given password access to 2 other access points and this helped resolved the situation. Being close to the Centraal train station was also a bonus for us. Without hesitation, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award Winning Bed & Breakfast, with tropical decorated rooms in the Heart of Amsterdam, less than 5 minute leisurely walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Many tourist attractions are literally just around the corner. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site, thus the best location to explore the city and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your B&B Barangay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Barangay Hotel Amsterdam
- Bed And Breakfast Barangay