This is my 5th trip to Amsterdam and 2nd staying at the Barangay. I visited previous with my partner and returned with a friend after such a wonderful experience the first time. We were greeted by Wimmo who served us up a nice drink upon arrival and pointed out some of the attractions of the city and nice bars/areas in detail on a map. We frequented the sky bar regularly given the lovely weather so thank you for the recommendation although we did not manage to find the city beach ha. Wimmo then showed us to our room which was a patio room with separate bathroom right next door which was exclusive to us. The room was beautifully decorated with a relaxing patio area to sit out at with a sky light to let the daytime sunshine in when possible. We were also provided with kimono robes we took full advantage of using. The room had a fridge, tv, tea/coffee facilities a table and chairs both indoor and outdoor, hairdryer, wardrobe and cabinet space and extremely comfortable beds. A bonus of the patio room was the exceptional breakfast in bed served at a time of you choosing. Our first morning consisted of fresh fruit, cereals, juices, coffee and a lovely cooked omelette. The second morning we were served pancakes, fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, juices which were also delightful. I feel it's unfair for people to pass comment on the steep stairs, this is a given in the majority of buildings within the city which people should know in advance, and can hardly be deemed a criticism of our wonderful hosts or there beautiful home, especially when they are happy to carry your luggage up or down stairs for you should they be difficult to negotiate. We were not leaving the city until late on our last day, our hosts were happy to allow us longer to check out and also store our luggage for later collection providing us with a key to come and go as we pleased despite the fact technically our time as guests was up, this for me just sums up the best customer care I've ever had staying at a guest house, in fact anywhere and believe me I've travelled the globe far and wide. I don't have any negatives I can say about the Barangay, I would maybe suggest a fan in the room for the warmer climate maybe a nice added feature for guests but otherwise this is a home away from home ran with love, care, attention to detail and hosts who clearly go the extra mile. Gentleman thank you once again for helping make my stay in your city memorable yet again and dare I say it again? I'll be back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award Winning Bed & Breakfast, with tropical decorated rooms in the Heart of Amsterdam, less than 5 minute leisurely walk from Amsterdam Centraal Station. Many tourist attractions are literally just around the corner. Located within the UNESCO World Heritage Site, thus the best location to explore the city and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your B&B Barangay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Barangay Hotel Amsterdam
- Bed And Breakfast Barangay