“Absolutely great fun and excellent quality”
Review of That Dam Guide

That Dam Guide
Ranked #2 of 360 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group size tours. Fun and informative City Walking Tours and Red Light District Walking Tours and Countryside, Widmills and Cheese Minivan Tour in English. Small groups of 10 people maximum make for a rich and personal experience of Amsterdam. We love this city and can't get enough of it and it's inspiring history, quirky facts, hidden places & feisty inhabitants. Come along on a tour and give us the chance to make Amsterdam as special for you too!
Zagreb, Croatia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely great fun and excellent quality”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I did the Red Light District tour with Mark and it was most certainly one of the best tours I've done! Mark made the tour really fun by giving both very interesting and entertaining information. It was time and money very well spent and I would join a tour of his again!

1 Thank lekkerskara
Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
YAY, thanks, come again soon!

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Vision Impaired Friendly!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I had already been on one of Marks tours back in October and decided to go back and see the sights in the summer and see how much things had changed.
Mark was absolutely brilliant as per usual and was lovely of him to remember who I was from all those months ago. The tour was filled with hilarity, amazing stories of the workers, laws and history of the red light district along with current issues surrounding the area.
I highly recommend if you do a second visit to Amsterdam going on one of Marks tours again. I learnt a lot more and it helped rejig my memory of all the knowledge he shared with us last time.

I have now been on a few tours however none of them scratch the experience you'll have with Mark. Especially in these smaller groups you get so much from the tour.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Zoe G
Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi, I could never forget you because the first review you left for me last year when I worked for that other tour company was the nicest, most flattering thing that anyone has ever written about one of my tours and made me feel chuffed and perky for weeks! Awesome that you came back for more and see you again another time! :o)))
Adelaide, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“That Dam Guide is reMARKable”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you're thinking about touring the Red Light District in Amsterdam then a guided tour through this area will provide you with amazing facts and stories. "That Dam Guide" is Mark. He is very familiar with the area, having lived above it for 2 years and has friends in the industry, which allows him to add personal stories in amongst his facts. The small tour- (max 10) people ensured you got to hear what he had to say. Watching other groups of 30 and more in other tour groups made us realise that we made the right choice picking "That dam guide" for the tour. Two hours of walking and talking. Mark responded to all questions efficiently. I found him interesting and very ethical towards the ladies in the RLD. We even went to a bar after the tour, where Mark was happy to provide further insight about Amsterdam and what to do. Thoroughly enjoyable.Check out his website for more details. thatdamguide.com/

2 Thank Stefof
Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
GREAT that you liked the tour with me, and drinks at De Prael afterwards, always a nice finish to the evening! Enjoy your cruises! :o)))
Chester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We did the City Tour with Mark and we were so glad we did. Having been in large tour groups in the past we found that it was much much better being in a small tour group. it made for a friendly atmosphere, it was easy to hear what was being said and also to ask questions, of which Mark was more than happy to answer ( and he is a mine of information). The whole tour was highly enjoyable, well paced and informative. If you come to Amsterdam, don't miss doing this tour.

3 Thank Suepa42
Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Hi, thanks to you all for coming along, and super to hear you liked it. I love as there is so much to play with and talk about depending on what people are interested in. Thanks for taking time to leave a review i appreciate it enormously!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Recommended!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A must do. No better was to get to introduced to Amsterdam and appreciate all it has to offer. Walking through the interiors and hearing stories and facts leading up to it was captivating. We took the red light district tour as well as the city tour as enjoyed them both totally. The group was kept small which kept it more intimate and got everyone involved. He keeps the tone informative and funny. His passion comes across and gets you involved as well. Also appreciate the emails he sends across post the tour with additional information to read up.

Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hi, thanks for coming on both tours and also finding time to leave a review here, I appreciate it hugely! Small groups on tours are my favourite as it is fun for me as well, having a conversation around town. It becomes more of a 2 way thing with smaller groups, not a guide on stage!