“Don't miss this tour”
Review of That Dam Guide

That Dam Guide
Ranked #3 of 425 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group size tours. City, Red Light District, Tulips, Windmill, Cheese & Countryside Day Tours in English. Small groups of 10 people max make for the best experience of Amsterdam. We love this city and can't get enough of it and it's inspiring history, quirky facts, hidden places & feisty inhabitants. Come along on a tour and give us the chance to make Amsterdam as special for you too!
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My sister and I did the daytime tour and would highly recommend it. Mark was a wonderful tour guide and delivered the information in such a way that the time just went by. His knowledge of Amsterdam today and of the history that made it the city it is, was amazing. No question went unanswered. Money very well spent and worth every penny.

2  Thank EveryChance
Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Great to hear, I love the City Tour too as I have 800 years to play with and I love questions so thanks for asking them!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Mark puts on a great tour and takes personal interests into account when he maps things out right at the beginning. Things flow at a nice pace, both walking and information wise.

1  Thank LazyJ

Thanks for taking time to review the tour. I love small groups as it is sometimes possible to shape the tours to the interests of people in the group which makes it more personal and varied which i find a good thing :)

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I did the Red Light District tour with Mark and it was most certainly one of the best tours I've done! Mark made the tour really fun by giving both very interesting and entertaining information. It was time and money very well spent and I would join a tour of his again!

1  Thank lekkerskara

YAY, thanks, come again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I had already been on one of Marks tours back in October and decided to go back and see the sights in the summer and see how much things had changed.
Mark was absolutely brilliant as per usual and was lovely of him to remember who I was from all those months ago. The tour was filled with hilarity, amazing stories of the workers, laws and history of the red light district along with current issues surrounding the area.
I highly recommend if you do a second visit to Amsterdam going on one of Marks tours again. I learnt a lot more and it helped rejig my memory of all the knowledge he shared with us last time.

I have now been on a few tours however none of them scratch the experience you'll have with Mark. Especially in these smaller groups you get so much from the tour.

2  Thank Zoe G
Mark L, Owner at That Dam Guide, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hi, I could never forget you because the first review you left for me last year when I worked for that other tour company was the nicest, most flattering thing that anyone has ever written about one of my tours and made me feel chuffed and perky for weeks! Awesome that you came back for more and see you again another time! :o)))

Reviewed 12 August 2014

If you're thinking about touring the Red Light District in Amsterdam then a guided tour through this area will provide you with amazing facts and stories. "That Dam Guide" is Mark. He is very familiar with the area, having lived above it for 2 years and has friends in the industry, which allows him to add personal stories in amongst his facts. The small tour- (max 10) people ensured you got to hear what he had to say. Watching other groups of 30 and more in other tour groups made us realise that we made the right choice picking "That dam guide" for the tour. Two hours of walking and talking. Mark responded to all questions efficiently. I found him interesting and very ethical towards the ladies in the RLD. We even went to a bar after the tour, where Mark was happy to provide further insight about Amsterdam and what to do. Thoroughly enjoyable.Check out his website for more details. thatdamguide.com/

2  Thank Stefof

GREAT that you liked the tour with me, and drinks at De Prael afterwards, always a nice finish to the evening! Enjoy your cruises! :o)))