“Stayed for a stag do. 26 of us in 3 rooms...”
Review of Durty Nelly's Inn

Durty Nelly's Inn
“Stayed for a stag do. 26 of us in 3 rooms...”
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Stayed for a stag do. 26 of us in 3 rooms for 2 nights costing over €2000. For just being a hostel this was very dear. Jim the manager was great and he checked us in. Cost €10 deposit for your key and €5 deposit for towel. Our room had 4 bunk beds with clean enough sheets, a shower and separate toilet. Each person has their own lockable locker. Never heard any noise from other rooms. Bar downstairs does average food and good deals for guests. Found some of the bar staff not too friendly. Drinking is supposed to stop at 3am, we came down at 5.30am and still got served. Location is one of the best in the dam. Thanks again for Jim for going above the call off duty to sort out a problem outside of the accommodation.

• Stayed September 2010
1 Thank packie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Stayed here with a group of mates for a stag weekend. We rented the whole room (12 beds i think) for 8 of us. Very basic but we expected this as it cost next to nothing.

Location is amazing - right in the heart of red light district with a decent bar at street level. Breakfast was very below par but we always go to Stones cafe for a full English whenever we're in the Dam so wasnt too fussed.

This place is perfect for large groups who just want somewhere to get their heads down after a heavy night on the ale and everything else amsterdam has to offer!

Would defo go back here on a lads weekend otherwise I usually stay in the Frisco Inn around the corner.

• Stayed June 2009
Melbourne
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This hostel can't be beaten for location.. 7mins walk from Central station (great if you're coming off the train from the airport!) and right in the heart of the Red Light District. Don't worry though, even travelling alone as a girl, I felt very safe.
The rooms were basic- but clean and the beds were comfy. Bathroom in the room, which is nice and the showers are pretty good!
Room was surprisingly quiet at night too, considering the amount of noise on the streets and in the pub downstairs.
You get pretty good discounts on a range of food and drinks (they had a pint of Amstel for €3.50, instead of about €5) in the pub with your hostel card they give you, so its definitely worth checking that out.
Breakfast is standard, but free- so can't complain. They had cornflakes, toast, and a selection of ham, cheese and boiled eggs. Coffee and tea are also free.
All in all this is a great, cheap place to stay, I would definitely recommend it!

(they also had free wi-fi, but beware don't use the internet computers downstairs, €6 p/hour!) You're much better off going to an internet cafe, as they charge about €2 p/hr..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
manchester
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Didn't stay in this hostel - just ate there. This was a great place for breakfast/lunch. Food was good, reasonably priced and prepared to order.. Great for a quite bite to eat and a drink - would happily eat there again

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed 13 September 2009

I have to admit, I didn't expect much at all since I was staying in a hostel and it was one of the cheapest ones. The owner was super friendly and showed us around. It's true, the staff was not the friendliest but I didn't stay there much anyways.

It was in a great location and walking distance to almost everything.

The shower did suck but I figured out when and which one worked better, and then it was better. I'm just happy at least I got to shower.

There was a breakfast which is always a good thing. It was hard boiled eggs, bread, cheese and tea. Plain but free.

There is internet, but I didn't use it.

The rooms were typical hostels. I stayed in 3 diferent rooms, 2 were ok, one sucked.

I had a great time there. I loved that there was a bar underneath it, so we can have a few drinks before going out. And I liked that there was no curfew since this is Amsterdam afterall.

I had a great time and would go back there.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled with friends
Ie
Reviewed 1 June 2008

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!!

Cockroaches all around the place and they did not care, dirty, smelly. I was sorry I did not pay a bit extra and stay in a better place. They refused to refund me.

I was so sorry I booked here but their was not a large choice when I arrived.

• Stayed January 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank scot13
Waterford
Reviewed 8 January 2008

Started with any thing but a warm welcome.We were shown our beds which were very modest to say the least but we didnt really mind, it was a hostel and we didnt expect much only a bed and some where to throw the bags. The showers were a joke, even when they were hot enough to stand under it was like the dribble of water was being poured out of a bottle. With d exception of one two of the them, the staff, who also worked in d bar down stairs, they were rude and the odd time they`d talk to you it was in such a tone that when we asked for a round of drinks you`d swear they were doin you a favour by gettin them for you. We did find great craic else where around Amsterdam and had a brilliant few days in the city.

Paul from Waterford

• Liked — Its location
  • Disliked — Attitude of the staff
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Paul100Waterford