“Perfect hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #171 of 361 Hotels in Amsterdam
Leicester
“Perfect hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Just come back from staying at the Eden square Rembrandt hotel and it was lovely. Staff were friendly and helpful and We got a free upgrade to an executive suite as it was my husbands 40th. I would recommend this to any traveller to Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Englewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

We just stayed overnight at this hotel. This hotel has very modern amenities with rooms that are bigger than normal in Europe. My daughter and I were very comfortable in the room. It was easy to find and very accessible to Tram 9 - probably just a minute away from the tram stop. The hotel is located in Rembrandtplein and has all sorts of restaurants in very close proximity. Would stay at this hotel again next time we visit Amsterdam!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank joanne112564
Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

On Monday June 13 my wife and I stopped the concierge to ask for help to find a canal boat trip. He basically blew us off telling us to leave the hotel and go right.a few hundred meters. Of course, there is not a canal boat statiion there. We walked around for a while and came back to the hotel. I asked a guy at the desk about finding a canal boat ride and he suggested asking the concierge. I told him of our issues with him and he looked at me and said "What do you want me to do? Do you want me to talk to him? Again not the best service in the world. I would not recommend your hotel to any of our friends.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Barcelona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We arrived in Amsterdam around midnight due to plane delays and we had reservations at the Hotel Eden in Rembrandt Square. The lobby definitely is tired, but the restaurant stayed open for us so we could have a little snack prior to heading to bed which was very nice of them. The room itself was modern and spacious - the carpets need cleaning.

However, at 3 in the morning for the next 3 nights we were awakened by hooting and hollering from people pouring out of night clubs and bars as well as horns honking in the streets.. It went on for about 2 hours each and every night much to our chagrin. At first we thought our windows were open, but it appears that it has single paned glass. When we asked to move, they said the noise was bad everywhere in the hotel.

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

Even I am a trequent visitor in Amsterdam, this was my first time in Eden Rembrandt hotel. However, I am sure it vwas not the last one! It was a very pleasant lexperience: excellent location, excellent service, good fish restaurant. My only critique: a too repetitive breakfast

Room Tip: Ask a room with a view on the^Amstel River
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

I have been to Amsterdam on many occasions and have always loved the modern rooms and the great location in the city. This trip upon checking in we discovered we would be staying in one of the hotels apartments. Although not as updated it was absolutely incredible with private access and two huge windows looking directly at the busy amstel canal. The entire apartment was unique and comfortable and being able to sit in the living room and look out on the canal was amazing. From check in to check out the staff was wonderful and the stay was truly memorable. My family has been to Amsterdam a number of times and has always appreciated the uniqueness and location of the hotel in comparison to some of the larger hotels. I would absolutely recommend the hotel and one of the apartments if available.

• Stayed June 2011
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

Hotel is beautiful, clean and staff are very friendly. There is a lovely bar area and the rooms are decorated well with a modern feel to them. The beds were very soft as were the pillows - had wonderful nights sleep. I thought all had gone really well and was looking forward to leaving a positve review. HOWEVER they asked for my card details to put against my room incase I wanted to put drinks on the room etc. They said this was a must. When i checked out they told me everything was settled as I had pre paid ( we didnt put anything on the room so we knew we wouldnt owe them anything) They charged us city tax of 20 euro's - never heard of this but we paid it in cash. I got back to the UK and found they had taken £49 out of my account without my authorisation and for no known reason. They refuse to speak to me about this and I have had to ask my bank to try and get the money back for me so BEWARE!!!