US$307
US$445
US$258
US$205
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$163
  • Bar/Lounge
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$262
WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$130
US$315
US$279
US$323
US$225
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$130
Travelocity
1,873 results
All reviewsgreat locationeden hotelmini barfrosted glassnice hotelflower marketamstel riverjunior suitebars and restaurantscentral locationtram stopred light districtconciergenightlifestopseurope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This was our first trip to Europe. We have been told the rooms are small but I didn't expect to question whether our room would accommodate 2 people and 2.pieces of luggage. This hotel seemed very well located and we enjoyed it from that perspective. The buffet breakfast was full of choices and well prepared. The Concierge was excellent however with the volumes he had to look after he could have used some help. The rooms were in need of new flooring and paint desperately. The lack of cleanliness was more disappointing. The dust was thick everywhere including the bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clarke I
Thomas6192013, Manager at Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam (formerly known as Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square), responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Booked as a family of 4 people and 2 rooms for multiple birthdays. Upgraded into an apartment which wasn't In the hotel. Made us feel like we weren't wanted in the hotel. Cleaners made beds and changed towels but that was all. Bed were never changed while we were their and we were their for 5 days. Blood on pillow as well as a bug. All 4 of us have come away from Amsterdam with bite marks. Hotel rooms were very run down and nothing like pictures advertising.

• Stayed: April 2014
Thomas6192013, Manager at Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam (formerly known as Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square), responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much in taking the time writing a review, it is only through guest comments such as yours that we can constantly improve our service. I am sorry we did need meet your expectations and I apologise for not giving you the attention you deserve as a guest. We do hope this will not deter you from visitng us in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had originally booked into the 3 star Eden hotel but were upgraded to the 4 star Hampshire, so we were grateful. However, as I am compelled to write about the Hampshire, I must give an honest opinion.

Its location, in my opinion, is just the best, its in a n area that is full of activity and in walking distance to Dam Square, Centraal, the shopping district etc. We choose this hotel mainly due to the location.

We had booked two rooms and on arrival at 10am we were glad to find that both rooms were immediately available. Although we had done the booking a couple of months in advance it would have been nice to have both rooms on the same floor,but this is a minor issue. Simiilalry they could have tried to at least give us one room with a view (instead we got courtyard views) The room(s) were a little tired in decor and in need of a deep clean. The carpets could do with a wash and the walls some paint. Three light bulbs were not working in one of our rooms (two in the other). Overall a deep clean would just make that little difference. However this should not put anyone off as the rooms are relatively clean (just tired).

The television/channels were bait of a let down for a 4 start hotel, not a single channel in any other language but dutch / german. There was no international news channel either which is disappointing as its often nice to just catch up on the news at the end/start of the day.

Have read about staff being unpleasant or about noise, to be honest each and every member of staff we cam across was pleasant and helpful. As for the noise, its nothing more than you would get in any city centre hotel close to clubs and bars (I do wish people would do their research and stop moaning).

As for facilities there is not much in the hotel, but I'm sure there are more interesting hints to do in Amsterdam than staying back in the hotel...

overall it needs to work a little harder on maintenance, deep clean and it will reach its 4 star rating.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Clivethegreat

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us.
The comments have been forwarded to the team and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you back as our guest!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

There are easily better hotels to stay in in Amsterdam. Here's what happened to me: As soon as I entered my room I smelled cigarette smoke. I called the front desk to let them know and some clod of a guy came up and told me that he didn't smell anything and that if I did smell something I should "open the window". This was really priceless. Then he even suggested that the smell might be the take-away salad that was in my room. He was totally lacking in any kind of feeling of accommodation.

Later that night I asked to be "let out" of the third and final night of my reservation. Flatly refused. The rooms are pretty awful, more like a dorm room than a hotel room. And the beds!! Child-sized twin beds with foam rubber mattresses. It was a complete joke. I sensed consternation from one of the other guests in the reception area as well. Expedia was wonderful in giving me a $100 coupon. This experience will teach me to do my homework more. It was a last minute booking. Otherwise, enjoy Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Mediocre part of Amsterdam, totally unprofessional staff.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JLambert_Aloha
Thomas6192013, Manager at Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam (formerly known as Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square), responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to read we did not meet your expectations. We constantly work on improving our service and standards. We do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Arrived Friday early evening, checked in and room looked ok. Saw that door to bathroom only was closed half way across and assumed that it slid over fully and thought nothing more of it as we were heading straight out. Upon returning in the early hours imagine our surprise to learn that it should in fact be saloon doors (made of glass) and that the left hand side one was totally missing, meaning there was no privacy whatsoever when going to the toilet. Given the time of day (circa 1am) we decided to leave it until the morning before bringing to management attention when checking out. Met chambermaid on way to reception and she informed us that the door had been missing for TWO DAYS, meaning this hotel knew exactly what standard of room they were putting us into. Passed from pillar to post at reception before a manager, asked us to move aside (as reception was busy to discuss the matter with us). His idea of discussing the matter was to highlight that we had booked through an agent, paid in advance, had received a preferential rate, and in short was not prepared to do anything about it. The lack of professionalism demonstrated by him and his staff was in total contrast to what we experienced elsewhere in our break in Holland. It appeared as if his attitude was simply, you got a bargain on the room (if £100+ for a night represents a bargain) and that we could get lost.
Think manager's name might have been Thomas....anyway I promised him a review of his hotel so here it goes. Over priced, faulty room , poor sound proofing, ignorant staff and arrogant management. I would not contemplate returning to this hotel on a point of principle even if offered a free room.
P.S. Hotel is NOT on Rembrandt Square as advertised, but down a side street close to it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas6192013, Manager at Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam (formerly known as Hampshire Hotel Rembrandt Square), responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much in taking the time writing a review, it is only through guest comments such as yours that we can constantly improve our service. I am sorry we did need meet your expectations and I apologise for not giving you the attention you deserve as a guest during check in. We do hope this will not deter you from visitng us.